Update for Switch

CybrCowboy

Newcomer
Since an update for the Switch is coming soon would I have to restart the game from the very beginning after the update?

CybrCowboy

Newcomer
Where abouts in the game are you in your main save?
CA has advised people post community center to restart to experience the update better
I haven't started yet cos my physical copy of the game hasn't arrived yet from Amazon. Should I wait for the update before playing or just go ahead & start playing & then start again from the beginning after the update?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Not at all though sometimes it’s nice to start a new save in addition to your old one just to see everything within the context it was meant for. Early game stuff being seen in the early game, etc.

I’m totally going to see everything on my lategame save then explore the proper way with a new save on the new farm type.

Ereo

Helper
I wouldn’t wait. It comes out the 19th for PC and as far as I know there is no release date for switch yet. Last time it took about two months to get to console.

You could also just start to get used to the mechanics and the principles and then decide if you want to continue or start over (you can also have as many game files as you want at the same time so it’s not a hard old vs. new decision.).
The last update for example added a new farm type and a mechanic that would mix up quests/rewards that were always the same. That’s much more interesting too as player who has played it several times, a new player wouldn’t even notice that it changed.