Unlimited Golden Walnuts cheat code?

Phate4569

Planter
Spoilers for 1.5 below.

So, I've encountered that horrible 129/130 bug on Switch. Basically my save is unfinishable.

While digging for solutions I stumbled across someone saying to use /recountnuts in the chat. This doesn't fix it, but seems to give you back all the nuts you converted to Gems. You then convert them and repeat.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, this is a known exploit. The /recountnuts command checks your savefile to check which nuts you've found based on the markers, counts them up and figures out how many nuts the count should be and sets the count to that number. Then, finally, it subtracts the nuts for the things you've bought... but it doesn't count the nuts spent for Qi gems.

Phate4569

Planter
Ah good to know that this is known. I've never seen it outside of one reddit post that I had to dig far for.

Too bad it doesn't fix the issue. :(

EDIT: actually it looks like it did. The parot kept saying "Awk" but I was checking all the spots again (again again again) on my daily collection path and the spot by the trader suddenly had a walnut.

So, that is nice. This should really be on the wiki, but I'm hesitant to post a "cheat" there.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
EDIT: actually it looks like it did. The parot kept saying "Awk" but I was checking all the spots again (again again again) on my daily collection path and the spot by the trader suddenly had a walnut.
Oh, no, it absolutely fixes the issue... but in a brute force manner that can be exploited.

Actually, you should also take a quick look at my signature. 😉 In it I link a thread about fixing the 129/130 issue that explains things in detail. It also includes a previous fix (that only worked for those that could edit savefiles), and the /recountnuts thing too.

And don't worry about posting "cheats" as "cheating" is a relative term. People use mods that allow them to just load whatever they feel like and those are posted to the board. Getting a few extra golden walnuts is minor by comparison.

Last edited:

Ilune

Planter
did you check everywhere? There are some nuts parrots don't suggest.
I forgot to take the one in the south part of gem-bird shrine! 😅 But I discover it AFTER discover the usefull bug you mentioned.