Underrated tip for beginners: Using the scythe

triadriangle

Farmhand
I feel like I haven't seen any post about this, so I'm making this one. I remembered when I began playing Stardew, and during the first few weeks in-game I would have trouble keeping my energy. By early evening, your character's energy will drop to red level, especially if you've chopped wood in your farm. Of course, during this time, if you have no food to restore your energy, you would have no other things to do anymore, so you'd rest for the next day even though it's still early in the evening.

Well, you can still be productive even though you're on low energy level. And that's by using the scythe! :D Using the scythe does not expend energy, so feel free to be productive trimming your unruly grass in your farm! Of course, you would want to reserve these patches of grass until you get the silo! But once they get unruly, they can be a handful (and an eyesore). So! Despite your character in low energy, you can still be productive by cutting the excess grass in your farm, just to spend the remaining hours of the evening! I don't know how helpful this tip will be, but I'm putting this out here anyway :)

rachel

Greenhorn
this is so handy! you can also use it in the mines if you use your sword, but it wont be too good

redbobcat

Rancher
This is a good tip for beginners, cutting both grass and those pesky weeds. Also paving stone or wooden path doesn’t require energy. I always do that in my early game :)