Ummm what?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Stone Owls used to be very rare but became more common after the v1.5 update, I get one maybe very other year on my farms. Yeah checks out, I have 2 and just finished Year 4 on my current save.

They are an excellent addition to the Statuary on your Farm should you choose to make one. There are a few of other stone statues and the Owls fit in very nicely with those.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I may be wrong, but I don't believe any of the "overnight" farm events are guaranteed. It's just that if you continue playing on the same farm, it becomes increasingly likely that you'll see each one.
This ^
If you play out a farm for a while and don't block the parameters for one to spawn though, you're rather likely to get one in a few years.

I have had saves where it takes far longer or shorter for one to appear though

LRangerR

Local Legend
This ^
If you play out a farm for a while and don't block the parameters for one to spawn though, you're rather likely to get one in a few years.

I have had saves where it takes far longer or shorter for one to appear though
I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but could you elaborate on those parameters a lil?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but could you elaborate on those parameters a lil?
Basically when the event happens (once every ~200 days though it's entirely predetermined on your gameseed), the game will select 100 tiles at random on the farm map, they can be water, cliff, farmland, on a building, or on the black edges of the map.

If any of these are free, it can place the statue there. To be free though, it has to be FREE, no paths, nothing (I think grass is fine).
If you place stuff like buildings or paths on all the applicable tiles you just won't get them anymore

You don't have to keep the farm super free if you're worried about missing it, 100 tiles is a lot and you have something like a 99% chance of getting it with only 60 tiles free (which is what my crazy coop farm has for reference)

LRangerR

Local Legend
Basically when the event happens (once every ~200 days though it's entirely predetermined on your gameseed), the game will select 100 tiles at random on the farm map, they can be water, cliff, farmland, on a building, or on the black edges of the map.

If any of these are free, it can place the statue there. To be free though, it has to be FREE, no paths, nothing (I think grass is fine).
If you place stuff like buildings or paths on all the applicable tiles you just won't get them anymore

You don't have to keep the farm super free if you're worried about missing it, 100 tiles is a lot and you have something like a 99% chance of getting it with only 60 tiles free (which is what my crazy coop farm has for reference)
Can confirm grass is fine, but forageables or debris should be a no

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Can confirm grass is fine, but forageables or debris should be a no
Yeah, basically everything but grass and open space is a no, so with some standard big plots of farmland or pathing you can pretty easily lose all chances to get one

Any medium sized animal plot should make up for that though