Two more walnuts to go, the parrot is lying to me!

cschnegz

Newcomer
There are two walnuts standing in the way of me and 100% perfection and I cannot find them!! The parrot says "hidden in the pages of the journal..." but I can guarantee I have found the walnuts in those 3 locations. I've triple and quadruple checked but it keeps saying "hidden in the pages of the journal"!!! I don't know what to do!! I'm on switch so I can't use Stardew Checkup :/ please please help i am dying

imnvs

Local Legend
If you're getting that message, /recountnuts will not work, iirc. That isn't determined by the nut count. What the command does is recheck the count against the found walnuts and fixes the count. The parrots messages don't check the count, just the found nuts.

What this means is that you're seeing the parrot say anything, you absolutely are missing a golden walnut.

The walnuts that come from journal scraps:
1 - the one dropped from a tree by the volcano when shot by a slingshot
2 - the dig spot just north of Birdie's hut, dug up with a quality bobber
3 - the dig spot in the SE corner of the island farm, dug up with a pearl
4 - the dig spot SW of the volcano entrance, dug up with an ostrich egg

You are missing one of these. You said you double checked all 3, but you can see there are 4. If the count says you're missing 2, /recount nuts might change it to 1, but you absolutely are missing at least 1. I don't know which because you didn't say which scrap you missed.

imnvs

Local Legend
AH It was the slingshot one!!! Thank you both so much. Appreciate the tips!! Still need to find this last dang nut now...
If you're missing 1, the parrot has no tips and /recountnuts doesn't work...

You're missing a golden walnut on the bush at south end of the gem birds shrine area, or you're missing one of the walnuts you can get from the darts game with the pirates.

Soome of the journal scraps hint at walnuts without giving exact locations, mentioning disturbed soil, hidden in bushes/trees, and fishing.

MellODemize

Greenhorn
If you're missing 1, the parrot has no tips and /recountnuts doesn't work...

You're missing a golden walnut on the bush at south end of the gem birds shrine area, or you're missing one of the walnuts you can get from the darts game with the pirates.
What if you have all of these? I’m literally stuck. I have gone over the list multiple times and replayed darts just to be sure also fished and harvested plus I’ve ran through the volcano like 200 times. I just can’t find them…it’s been like a year lol

Elenna101

Farmer
What if you have all of these? I’m literally stuck. I have gone over the list multiple times and replayed darts just to be sure also fished and harvested plus I’ve ran through the volcano like 200 times. I just can’t find them…it’s been like a year lol
Try typing /recountnuts in the in-game chat? Sometimes it gets bugged.

imnvs

Local Legend
Have you tried the /recountnuts command?

Are you playing on a computer, such that you can use the checkup?

HamSandwich08

Newcomer
If you're getting that message, /recountnuts will not work, iirc. That isn't determined by the nut count. What the command does is recheck the count against the found walnuts and fixes the count. The parrots messages don't check the count, just the found nuts.

What this means is that you're seeing the parrot say anything, you absolutely are missing a golden walnut.

The walnuts that come from journal scraps:
1 - the one dropped from a tree by the volcano when shot by a slingshot
2 - the dig spot just north of Birdie's hut, dug up with a quality bobber
3 - the dig spot in the SE corner of the island farm, dug up with a pearl
4 - the dig spot SW of the volcano entrance, dug up with an ostrich egg

You are missing one of these. You said you double checked all 3, but you can see there are 4. If the count says you're missing 2, /recount nuts might change it to 1, but you absolutely are missing at least 1. I don't know which because you didn't say which scrap you missed.
What if you have quadruple checked every spot including the one in the tree, tried /recountnuts and the parrot still says hidden in the pages of the journal? (Playing on xbox btw)

nicodeux

Farmer
Have you found all the Journal Scraps? Some walnuts can not be found until you get the correct Journal Scrap that indicates their location.