turneble hoppers.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The issue isn't really their placement, more so their limited function

Being able to turn them doesn't really help much when they can't take items out of anything anyway

Would be nice just for versatilities' sake I guess though

Being able to turn them doesn't really make much difference to placement.the problem is that you cant walk through them like you can most other crops. So this forces you to have to be picky on where to put them, especially if you're using the quality sprinklers

Are you putting hoppers on sprinklers? That's a thing??
No, i ment the radius of the quality sprinklers is only 8 squares around the sprinkler.

So if you have your field set up to have quality sprinklers water it for you. You only have 2 spaces in between sprinklers to place the hoppers. Since you cant walk through them like you can most crops, you have to spread them out to allow yourself to move between them easy on harvest day

LRangerR

Local Legend
No, i ment the radius of the quality sprinklers is only 8 squares around the sprinkler.
So if you have your field set up to have quality sprinklers water it for you. You only have 2 spaces in between sprinklers to place the hoppers. Since you cant walk through them like you can most crops, you have to spread them out to allow yourself to move between them easy on harvest day
Ah, I see. We aren't talking about the hops plant though, we're talking about a machine called a hopper that allows you to fill other machines like forges automatically.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I kind of like how simple the hoppers are. They're easy to use, and they're pretty niche use, so I don't feel compelled to make hundreds of them. So they're manageable and not overwhelming.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I kind of like how simple the hoppers are. They're easy to use, and they're pretty niche use, so I don't feel compelled to make hundreds of them. So they're manageable and not overwhelming.
I personally never use them, but I might end up putting one on a charcoal kiln or a dedicated copper smelter or something small and ez like that. Maybe a seed maker? Idk

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I personally never use them, but I might end up putting one on a charcoal kiln or a dedicated copper smelter or something small and ez like that. Maybe a seed maker? Idk
I like to fill one with coffee beans and attach it to a keg. If you put enough of them all around your farm, you can drink coffee any time the speed buff runs out.

Another easy use case is to smelt iridium from the statue of perfection. Just chuck all of it into a hopper and keep it topped up with coal, no fussing about with storing it until you get five ore.

They're fun!

LRangerR

Local Legend
I like to fill one with coffee beans and attach it to a keg. If you put enough of them all around your farm, you can drink coffee any time the speed buff runs out.

Another easy use case is to smelt iridium from the statue of perfection. Just chuck all of it into a hopper and keep it topped up with coal, no fussing about with storing it until you get five ore.

They're fun!
Those are some pretty smart ideas. If you put crops in a seed maker hopper can it accept multiple crops at once? I can see this being a way to no-hassle produce off-season seeds if you just grab it every time you pass by. Don't gotta worry about needing them for the immediate season either

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Those are some pretty smart ideas. If you put crops in a seed maker hopper can it accept multiple crops at once? I can see this being a way to no-hassle produce off-season seeds if you just grab it every time you pass by. Don't gotta worry about needing them for the immediate season either
It'll process different stacks of items one by one, in the order they are organized in the hopper. So that could totally work, just load everything you want to turn into seeds.