Question Trying to work (convert) on mods Content-Patcher to Alternative Textures

MC_Stylertyp

Newcomer
So recently I've started to look into modding. I've found a thread about xnb and Content-Patcher but not referring to my question.

I wanted to turn Content-Patcher mods into AT mods (not to distribute them, but to include more styles into my save).

Let's say I want to change craftable items. In the Content-Patcher mod, all assets are put into one .png file. As far as I'm concerned, for AT all of those have to be separate to match the sprite width and height. Does that mean that I have to cut out every single sprite in order to use it for my AT (If so, how can I do it accurately enough to not mess anything up)?
The same with the player's house. Most Content-Patcher files include all three stages in one .png file, while for AT Mods you have to have the stages separate for Farmhouse_1-3.

Especially I'm looking at the "Overgrown Fairy Buildings" and "Yellogs wood buildings grass". I made it for static objects like obelisks, and also for animals, but I can't figure out the rest.

And the last question: Is there an easy way to convert .xnb files to .png files in order to get the assets and turn the mod into AT?

I've seen a converter for that in a Terraria Forum, but it seems to be unable to convert xnb-files in Stardew.

Help is GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated since I can't figure it out for the life of me.

MaskedEcho

Farmhand
To get the assets from an xnb file you'll need a program to unpack it

This link gets you to one:

For converting a CP to an AT file, This guide is the best one for the file structure:

And for a great example of one look at Seasonal Japanese Buildings for Alternative Textures:

I hope this points you in the right direction.