Question Trying to give the farmer an object that is a weapon

Dalencienn

Newcomer
I've recently gotten into modding with making Content Packs. As part of an event I would like an NPC to give the farmer a specific item, but unfortunately that item's type is a weapon. As far as I can see there's no standard way to make a weapon-type object appear in the farmer's inventory. There's a couple of commands that can award specific weapons, like awardFestivalPrize and addTool, but those are specific weapons and I want it to be a different weapon. My attempts so far to 'give' it to the farmer in the ways that you can give other kinds of items (within special orders, mail, dialogue) have all failed.

Is there any other way to give a weapon that I've been overlooking, or a suggested way to modify awardFestivalPrize to add an item to that? I have no idea even where to begin with changing awardFestivalPrize... I know it's possible to just make a weapon appear in the inventory using debug. Is it possible to somehow run a script to make that happen within an event? I'm really stumped.

The only way I can see right now to be able to eventually get the weapon to the farmer at all is to actually add the weapon to a shop so that the farmer can purchase it, but that doesn't really keep the same kind of feeling that I wanted for the mini-story.

Last edited: