Truffles vs Truffle Oil

Truffles or Truffle Oil

• Total voters

LaptopCoffee

Greenhorn
I'm only casually Truffle farming with 2 pigs and 2-3 oil makers, so sometimes I'll chuck a couple spare truffles in the sales bin while the oil makers are busy.

Stocking them up to process over winter is an idea tho. I'm planning on letting them reproduce on their own rather than spend money on more pigs. My one cow and one goat both have pregnancy turned off, and no sheep because I've got bunnies for wool.

I think better fruits (gold, iridium) should A) process to better/more expensive products or B) having a higher chance to get a doubled output. I would prefer the B) logic. So silver quality gives 5% chance for a double output, gold 10% and iridium 20% maybe.

Probably this is suggested already somewhere in a similar way.

curl

Sodbuster
So I don’t have a lot of math involved in my explanation, but I guess it comes down to the fact that I make a lot of money with my crops alone and making Wine and Preserves with starfruit. I harvest 1600+ starfruit every summer and those last me the next seasons to make wine and preserves. Lots of profit in starfruit. However, I gave up on making truffle oil unless it was for a help wanted or needed it for something else. I usually just pick up my truffles and sell them now. Best of luck!