Train frequency

tornadojack

Sodbuster
During 4 years I saw the train message only twice.
What is the frequency of the train appearance? Is it a random event? Maybe trains should have some shedule?

imnvs

Local Legend
It's somewhat random, determined by your game seed... except that the train can never appear on a day that you loaded from save. So if you save and exit on a day the train would have shown up on, the train won't show that day when you load the game later.

Additionally, if you are inside, you can not hear the train whistle and do not get the notification about the train. It's quite possible that trains did come through and you just didn't get the notification.

I wish to have this topic go to the game discussion instead of a game suggestion.
I reported already, but it turns out that the mod forum disagreed with me. –I respect that.

If this thread is moved, it will bring a lot of attention to data scientists or math lovers. ~just saying 🤪

Last edited:
I don't know much about the train, does it do something? do items fall off of it? Can it block your path?
Some freight trains with open wagons loose geodes, stones, ores. From closed wagons you can get a present sometimes with shoes (maybe some other stuff too, but I had only shoes). You get nothing from passenger trains!
The train blocks your way and you get hurt (loose health) when it hits you.
As far as I know that's all about the train - beside looking nice with the steam engine. But there are some mods if you want to have more...
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/ --> search for train