Tracker profession giving bonus stuff.

TruePurple

Cowpoke
It seems to me that simply being able to find things easier is insufficient (and vague arrows does not seem very informative either) What if Tracker also gave you extra stuff, like directed you to resources you could not even see/collect if you didn't have it? Bonus resources from the skill could be highlighted to indicate such. Not sure what percentage of bonus stuff, but sufficient to counterbalance the very good botanist.

hmm that's a good point! Maybe if you take tracker, some of the rarer foragables that you typically only see in specific areas (like the morel, fiddlehead fern, spring onion, rare mushrooms etc) could then have a chance to spawn anywhere in Stardew Valley throughout their respective seasons? I think since many of these foragables are used in recipes or have a higher monetary value it would make Tracker a bit more attractive.

tomaO2

Planter
Tracker could also be improved by showing the current location of all the NPCs on the map. The forage skill is one that is fairly easy to max out, so you'd have that done way before you became best friends with everyone. It's a situational use, but I could see people switching to that during a period when they are getting serious about getting to know everyone in town.

On another note, does the tracker help you find golden walnuts? That seems like a use for them.

Tracker could also increase the odds of getting artifacts when digging, or fishing, and stuff. We have a hoe upgrade that increases artifacts, so why not let tracker do the same?

Last edited:

Worblehat

Planter
way before you became best friends with everyone
Depends on the player, apparently. I took NPC relations seriously from day 1, so as of the end of Spring Y2 I'm at max friendship with the majority of the NPCs. The four where I'm not even close are Kent (obviously), Sandy (just unlocked the Desert), the Dwarf (took a long time to get that last scroll so I could talk to him...), and Krobus (took a long time to get the Rusty Key). Three of those are in fixed locations, and Kent isn't hard to find either. The handful of others who aren't quite at max hearts yet are no more than a birthday gift away, and generally aren't hard to find. I just happen not to go to the same places they do, normally. 🙂

Tracker showing extra artifact spots not visible otherwise as per the OP would make it an interesting option to consider, especially if the Tracker-only artifact spots were guaranteed to produce an artifact, rather than yet more clay or mixed seeds... For me, showing NPCs would do nothing and Botanist would remain a no-brainer once I hit Foraging 10. If this NPC-Tracker idea would help other players though, shrug, sure go ahead, doesn't help me but it doesn't hurt anything either.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Tracker could also be improved by showing the current location of all the NPCs on the map. The forage skill is one that is fairly easy to max out, so you'd have that done way before you became best friends with everyone. It's a situational use, but I could see people switching to that during a period when they are getting serious about getting to know everyone in town.
I think you've got Tracker mixed up with the Stalker profession. :P

It seems to me that simply being able to find things easier is insufficient (and vague arrows does not seem very informative either) What if Tracker also gave you extra stuff, like directed you to resources you could not even see/collect if you didn't have it? Bonus resources from the skill could be highlighted to indicate such. Not sure what percentage of bonus stuff, but sufficient to counterbalance the very good botanist.
This is actually probably a really good idea, i think...