Town Aquarium

NWLaxkid13

Greenhorn
I just started working on a personal aquarium at my farm and I had a thought. I think it would be great if some kind of "Pelican Town Aquarium" was added to the game. The idea would be for it to function much like the Museum/Library does now. Donate one of each fish in the game, (excluding the 5 Legendary Fish), and get rewards for completion. The building could have specific rooms/tanks for the types of fish such as: lake, river, ocean, tropical, etc. I am not sure where in town it would be best placed but possibly added to the right of the museum or off to the right of the Tide Pools (similar to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California).

The rewards could just be fishing-style house decor or clothing items. (I think we need more of these in the game regardless).

Just a thought, thanks for reading!

noobsqoou

Planter
Bit of a 1.6 spoiler, but it’s relevant:

When you complete the fish tank bundles in the community center, the repaired fish tank can actually be used as a proper fish tank, allowing 5 swimmers, 5 bottom-dwellers, and the usual spread of decorations. This makes it perfect for displaying the 5 legendary fish.

Granted, that isn’t a full-on fish museum like you’re suggesting, but it’s something.

There could be a Community Upgrade at Robin's to upgrade the Town's Museum after you complete things. The entrance to the other floors could be a door next to the fireplace, or a trapdoor in the empty area to the right of the desks. Using the entrance would open a dialogue to visit the other floors.

* Completed fish collection: now you can add an Aquarium floor. Requires several fish tanks of all types to build. You will have to deposit the fish, and can choose where they go like with the minerals and artifacts, but can only add 1 fish of each type.
* Completed Ginger Island field office: now you can add a Ginger Island Floor. Requires lots of wood and hardwood. Professor Snail and his tent are removed from Ginger Island, leaving a rectangular patch of regularly growing Ginger where the tent used to be. Professor Snail will also be found on that Museum floor from then on.

There could be a Community Upgrade at Robin's to upgrade the Town's Museum after you complete things. The entrance to the other floors could be a door next to the fireplace, or a trapdoor in the empty area to the right of the desks. Using the entrance would open a dialogue to visit the other floors.

* Completed fish collection: now you can add an Aquarium floor. Requires several fish tanks of all types to build. You will have to deposit the fish, and can choose where they go like with the minerals and artifacts, but can only add 1 fish of each type.
* Completed Ginger Island field office: now you can add a Ginger Island Floor. Requires lots of wood and hardwood. Professor Snail and his tent are removed from Ginger Island, leaving a rectangular patch of regularly growing Ginger where the tent used to be. Professor Snail will also be found on that Museum floor from then on.
Nice. I had some similar thoughts.
But regarding fishtanks I think that would better fit into the Community Center - which needs some more attention as well.