Tools become damaged over time

MJA1981

Greenhorn
I think this would be a great idea... Never played Animal crossing and likely never will. But any new functionality to the game would be nice. Also I see many many people always commenting about not wanting thing added to the game because it'll make there gaming experience harder. For us veterans of this fine game we find the game to be quite easy. I see many many Mods being created to make ever aspect of the game easier or cheated. This is great if your 5 years old or have children. As an adult who has hours and hours of time into this game, I can say I like things to be harder. such as the the changes made by the mod

Hardew Valley (Rework - Rebalance)

Again I would love to see tools wear down possibly using more energy per use. Repairable for a fee at Clints. And weapons breaking... that would put an early end to a day in the mines, and the need to spend money more often on tools and weapons. It's far to easy to accumulate lots of money late in the game and these options would give users a reason to spend that money.

1FlyCat

Planter
imvs said:
You can't buy replacement tools. That's not how the game works.
I somehow thought this was possible, my mistake. I agree, it would only work if you could buy spares.

imvs said:
As it stands? It wouldn't add much to gameplay besides frustration.
Yes, it would be frustrating for sure. That's the idea.

Last edited: