Tone Down Spiritualism

FarmerPete

Newcomer
Hey
I love stardew valley, but all the spiritualism, particularly in the Wizards tower, adds nothing to the gameplay but deters many people, including myself, from really getting into the game. Of course fantasy magic is fine, but ouija boards and symbolism is really not necessary. Of course if you believe it is an integral part of the game, then keep it in, but the cost is many players being rightfully aprehensive about playing.

Thanks

Person090

Planter
Hey
I love stardew valley, but all the spiritualism, particularly in the Wizards tower, adds nothing to the gameplay but deters many people, including myself, from really getting into the game. Of course fantasy magic is fine, but ouija boards and symbolism is really not necessary. Of course if you believe it is an integral part of the game, then keep it in, but the cost is many players being rightfully aprehensive about playing.

Thanks
I feel like there isn't really any spiritualism in the game, the stuff in the wizard's tower is just what you would stereotypically see in a tower owned by a mysterious wizard. The game is mostly about farming, having relationships, and saving the environment, the magic in this game, like the ouija board, doesn't feel like spiritualism because, A. people know it is a game, and B. in this universe of the game, there are ghosts and the many other magical creatures. But that's just my personal take

Boo1972

Farmer
Hey

Thanks
You know, I understand where you are coming from. Before the pandemic, I attended mass every Sunday and taught children’s liturgy. But I feel like spiritualism exists in the real world and That is reflected in game. But, so is faith. Think of Krobus, Pam, George and others. I actually had my character place the sign of the vessel on her farm.

But if you feel uncomfortable, I absolutely respect that. one thing I do love about the game is that it doesn’t ignore the fact that people have different religious and spiritual beliefs and needs.

I wish there was more magic based spiritualism in the game. And honestly, this is the first time I've heard anyone mention this. It is a fantasy game, and that's what I enjoy in fantasy games. More magic and mystery. :)
However, I do wish there was more storyline to the wizard and everything surrounding the magic and junimos. Very untapped narrative.