toggle spouse's ability to change the house/interior :')

hali

Greenhorn
so I've avoided marrying anyone in the game because I know they can change your wallpaper and flooring which means any interior design done by the player is in vain since it could suddenly change. not sure if you already can, but I'd also love to be able to decorate the spouse's room.

I know it's more realistic to have a shared responsibility over the house however, since this is a game, I'd appreciate being able to control the way it looks myself without worrying about coming home to something that looks completely different to when I left (this is my first post so apologies if anything is wrong!)

thank you for considering :)

MogBeoulve

Farmer
If you have the catalog, you can just change it back for free. I do not think it happens very often, since I've had Krobus in the house for over one in-game year, and he's only added three end tables, a potted cactus, and one chair. I could have deleted them all if I wanted, and he hasn't touched the wallpaper or flooring. I want him to feel at home, so I matched my decorations to the ones he picked out.

hali

Greenhorn
If you have the catalog, you can just change it back for free. I do not think it happens very often, since I've had Krobus in the house for over one in-game year, and he's only added three end tables, a potted cactus, and one chair. I could have deleted them all if I wanted, and he hasn't touched the wallpaper or flooring. I want him to feel at home, so I matched my decorations to the ones he picked out.
ohh thank you for this!! I didn't think about the catalogue, might have to save up for that then. it gives me hope that things don't change too often, I was imagining every few days lol. also so cute how you match your decor :')

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes, the Catalog is a solution for this but it's a late middle game purchase for many, only when you really don't have anything else expensive to buy. I like the toggle idea as your spouse does ask about children at least. Hmmm, what do you get asked about by a spouse:

Yes:
Children, yes or no
House decoration style: under some circumstances

No:
Random furniture (I'm looking at you, Pink Dentist Chair!)
Most Wallpaper/Flooring
Watering/Feeding Pet, Crops, Animals (lol, especially when they're all auto-taken care of already!)
Working up a sweat, dusting outside in Winter while it's snowing (Haley. Juuuust Haley. This is why you marry Haley.)