Tip for backing up save files

Hi everyone! So I wanted to share this tip that I use a lot to back up my save files (just in case my local files get erased or lost). This works on Chromebooks (It probably also works on PC but I don't know how to get to SV save files on that platform). Let me know if it works on other platforms too.

First, you open the "Files" app. It will probably look like this:
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 7.06.50 PM.png

Then, you go to Play files->Stardew Valley.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 7.09.32 PM.png

Next, you select your save files (you may have to do this one by one) and put them into your Google Drive (you may want to create a folder named "Stardew Backups" or something along those lines so you know what they are). SAVE THE FOLDERS, NOT THE ACTUAL FILES. The folders contain all the files needed to run your save. I have two save files, which are labeled by my character's name and an ID number. You may have more than one.

Fourth, you run your files through upload.farm. Save the link for each one of your save files.

Lastly, rename each save file (which is really a folder). Keep the ID number in the name (if you delete it, I'm not entirely sure what will happen. But don't worry, you can always go into the folder and find the ID number on the actual file), but add the link to the file's upload.farm at the end. You can also write if it's a modded file or not.
Here's my "Stardew Backups" folder in my drive. I deleted the ID numbers accidentally, and I'm too lazy to fix them right now, so I'll probably fix it later.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 7.18.19 PM.png

The reason why you shouldn't just save your backups without running them through upload.farm is because then you probably won't know what file it is, unless you memorize each ID number. With the upload.farm, you can just check and say, "Hey, this is the file that I'm married to Shane. Okay, I know which one that is." You can also just add a defining keyword to the name instead of running it through upload.farm (such as "Challenge Farm," or "Joja Farm,").

Let me know if you have any questions! Also, if you know how to get to SV save files on PC please tell me so I can update this thread! (Also, I know this is a bit useless and isn't very useful because you can just back up the saves without running them through upload.farm and just restore all of them if you lose your local files. But I just wanted to share this tip to help some people who might want to use it)

Lauren1593

Tiller
C:/users/Lauren/appdata/local/stardewvalley/saves/Lauren(insert some absurd string of numbers here).

Copy, past to whatever cloud storage or external drive you want.

Simple, right?

Lew Zealand

Helper
C:/users/Lauren/appdata/local/stardewvalley/saves/Lauren(insert some absurd string of numbers here).

Copy, past to whatever cloud storage or external drive you want.

Simple, right?
Yep, I'm old skool manual like this. I use the GOG version without their Galaxy Client (which royally messed up my SDV saves last year) so I have no choice, I need to back up this way.

Lauren1593

Tiller
Yep, I'm old skool manual like this. I use the GOG version without their Galaxy Client (which royally messed up my SDV saves last year) so I have no choice, I need to back up this way.
Didn’t know anyone used the Galaxy Client? I just download the standalone executable. So nice to have a file just install and work without some other program or internet DRM giving me a fuss (I have no home internet besides mobile data).

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, it is different on PC. Also, since 1.5, the folder is named after the farm name, not the farmer name as it used to be, so as long as you name your farms different names, each folder will have a different name and it will be easy to know which farm you're backing up.