Time needs to be slowed down by atleast 50%.

Solera

Greenhorn
12.9 minutes per day is just not enough time to experience each day in, everything is rushed so you have enough time rather than the game being a relaxing thing. I realize if it slows down too much people will become bored of the game in year one, so i can see why you did it this way, 24 minutes per day is much better, then we can get some value out of each day.

It's not about how many days i have, it's how each day feels and it feels rushed, that's what i'm saying.

A trip in the mine alone often takes more than 12 minutes.

Fishing can easily take a whole day without spending your energy bar.

In order to make up for all the free time you have in late game we need a daily activity of some sort, maybe helping other farms or investing in joja stocks so we can buy them out and bulldoze their ugly building.

You could also work with SVE developers to make a expansion for Stardew, nobody will blame you if you want to make more money on the game by now. More content only makes the game better.

Last edited:

Tom

Farmer
The TimeSpeed mod would let you make the clock half as fast if you are on PC.

Just download and install SMAPI (the modding environment) and do what it says. Then Google and download the TimeSpeed mod and put it under Mods like this:
Capture.JPG

If you do that and need more help, look in config.json or see below:
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
As Tom said, this is an ideal mod for the game as it's a common wish to make days more productive. And as you said, changing the day length could unbalance the early parts of the game so leaving it as it is, but adding in the mod for people who want to be more productive seems like a pretty ideal compromise. These types of mods are mostly useless for me as it just means I need to rest under a shady tree, erm, Fish productively for longer, which just makes me even more sleepy....

Please try out the TimeSpeed mod if you play Stardew Valley on a moddable platform and let us know if it's what you wanted!

GodHybrid

Greenhorn
Slowing down the game overall isn't really a good solution.
Right now early game feels rushed because of time limit, and late game is just right. By slowing down you'll make early game just right, and later game would instead turn into a slog. There's no win-win solution except using a mod.

Reactions: Tom

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Slowing down the game overall isn't really a good solution.
Right now early game feels rushed because of time limit, and late game is just right. By slowing down you'll make early game just right, and later game would instead turn into a slog. There's no win-win solution except using a mod.
This is true, the entire point of the game is to measure time and productivity within a cetain parameter which is the hard limit you have on a single day.
You can just mod if on PC to alter time but personaly I and many other people like to fully play out a day and not skip and that would ruin that immersiveness if all days were 30 minutes long and also ruin the "ok, maybe just oneeee more day" feel that attracts and keeps so many players.
So perhaps you need more time in your day, but the vast, vast majority of players find that rush to be an integral part of the game itself.
Good luck with whatever solution you may find.

Reactions: Tom