Coding Help "this asset has StardewValley.GameData.RandomBundleData values (but String values were provided)."

Quirinea

Farmer
I asked how to force specific random bundles and searched Smapi.latest where I to my horror found some baffling entries like this:
"Content Patcher] Can't apply data patch "Teatotaller farmer > EditData Data/RandomBundles #1 > entry #1" to Data/RandomBundles: this asset has StardewValley.GameData.RandomBundleData values (but String values were provided)."

I presume this should mean that there should be item numbers instead of item Strings for bundle items. But in the Data/RandomBundles.json the items are given as strings, not as numbers!
???????

Quirinea

Farmer
Sigh. I found information through Discord, and may have found how it is to be done. The problem is nested arrays... Argh. Anyone has a trick to parse the array structure from a messy file? I tried to count and probably did not hit the correct point...

Quirinea

Farmer
I continue my monologue (maybe someone else is trying to make a mod for remixed bundles and has some use of this):
I found this link: https://github.com/Pathoschild/Star.../docs/author-guide/action-editdata.md#example
(through SDV:s Discord server).
And then I found out that the remixed bundles are set at the very start of the game.
I tried to test and my changes did not do anything. Not even when I directly copied the example code snippet!
Yeah. Those are a real [censored] to test, as you need to start a new game for every round.
(Got it working; and by chance hit upon a game seed that gives the Brewer's bundle for remixed)