Thinking about writing a thread in private

I have a question or maybe a suggestion.

I wanted to type a semi-long text in my thread.
Specifically, I wanted to type a guide and resources in private.
After when I am done typing with the thread, I want to expose it to the forum in public.

OR.....
Maybe I can tell everyone not to post it, push the likes buttons, and post a comment on my thread while it is under construction.

What should I do if you are in my shoes?

Actually I think it would be good for people trying to put together either fan works or even a resource thread.

However some people would just say send it to a friend in a thread. And then when your done Ctrl+c it all and paste it in a new thread

Actually I think it would be good for people trying to put together either fan works or even a resource thread.

However some people would just say send it to a friend in a thread. And then when your done Ctrl+c it all and paste it in a new thread
I guess you are suggesting I send a private message to a friend or maybe myself. Then, paste in the thread, right?
Correct me if I misunderstand you?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I guess you are suggesting I send a private message to a friend or maybe myself. Then, paste in the thread, right?
Correct me if I misunderstand you?
Yes that could work for what you want. When I was initially thinking of writing, I had a different idea long the lines of a CYOA but now I realize that's probably too complicated for my pea brain. However being able to lock and edit a thread before "releasing" it into the wild would make that type of a creative process (and others!) very much easier.

CYOA might still happen but it hurts my brain just thinking about it.

And to answer your initial question, I write everything offline and post it in here and do final edits right at the end.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we do have this in the rules:
1632876294795.png

So it's fine if you make a thread and have (DO NOT POST) in the title or something until you're done. The PM suggestion I think works too. Unfortunately we can't really give people the ability to lock/unlock their own threads without it getting out of hand. The forums are slow enough that I think it'd be fine for you to work on your thread while its public, though I understand why you would want it to be private to start.