The PlayStation 5 Thread

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Alright folks,

Not long ago Sony offered up a buffet of new titles bound for their next generation console, the PlayStation 5. And after we were ready to ask for the bill following the elegant feast, we were finally treated to just what the PlayStation 5 will actually look like. Now me personally? I like the design of the console as well as its accessories. It has character, it stands out, it looks like a game console. I was worried that they would design a drab looking box with a few little lights tossed about it. I was pleasantly surprised. Some people are taken back by its design, and I know it's not for everyone but it's not that outrageous.

I was secretly hoping to see some other titles announced at the event, such as a new entry in the Twisted Metal franchise, or something new in the Final Fantasy world, but I was happy to see something different from Square regardless. I nearly jumped out of my britches when I saw the Rockstar logo open up the event and was then instantly disappointed when all it was is yet another port of Grand Theft Auto 5. This game was already out on the last 2 generations of consoles, and now on PC as well. Rockstar must be having some sort of "beat a dead horse" competition with Blizzard and Bethesda.

As for getting the console? I plan on it. I also plan on pre-ordering it. It'll be the first time I ever do so, as most generations I just waited. I also plan on buying a second controller for my son and possibly the headset if it weighs in less than $150 (the headset I mean)

How about all of you? What do you think of the console? Do you plan on purchasing one?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I think we'll definitely get a playstation 5, but i don't know if we'll get it right after release. I like quite a few of the titles that were announced, but I need to see what'll make it worth the buy. I want to get the one with the disc slot since I did hear it's backwards compatible, so I'd like to play my ps4 games and still watch dvds/blurays/etc as well. i really like the look of the ps5, and i don't mind that it's a bigger console. it looks sleek

i'm really not a fan of the discless version, for a lot of reasons, but i understand it's convenient for people and it'll probably be cheaper. i just am not looking forward to a trend where the digital world keeps increasing while ISPs are still as abusive and uneven as ever

Odin

Staff member
I really like the PS5 design (that headset also looks really nice), but between the fact that I barely use my Switch as it is and I don't have time to play all the games I want to on PC, I don't see myself buying another console :P

liquidcat

Staff member
I am very excited to get a dualshock 5 before the console as I know I won't be able to afford it on launch :P I really like the design and color palette and the games they showed! New Horizon game looks breathtaking!

Adapt

Tiller
The exclusives for the game look sick, most excited to play the new spider man game. Yes, I will be getting a PS5, eventually...