Creator Response The game is rated 13+. Can we get some insight on what pushes it to this category?

jackharvest

Greenhorn
If you’re like me, you’ll go to IMDB and say to yourself, “ok, I know it got ___ rating, but if it’s because of _____, or ______, I’m going to let my ___ year olds watch it anyway.”

Not trying to “push the limit” or anything, but many farm sims have their rating pushed out because of alcohol, smoking, and other things that some may or may not find risk-causation attributes, based on where you live or your societal upbringing.

So without spoiling the board game, and prior to my purchase... where does this age suggestion derive from mostly?

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
The age suggestion reflects the complexity of the game, rather than the content. There is not really any questionable content in the game, unless you'd consider the existence of alcohol as an item to be objectionable. We chose 13+ just to emphasize that the game is relatively complex, because we want people to know what they're getting into and make sure they are making an informed purchase. That being said, I know some playtesters had younger kids, and they played as a family and the kids really got into the game too. So I don't think the 13+ is a hard-and-fast rule by any means. Hope that answers your question!

gnysek

Farmhand
With board games age suggesion it's same as with Lego bricks. There are sets for 18+ but that doesn't mean some 10-year old wouldn't have fun (and there's no 18+ content in LEGO bricks for sure too!). It's rather an assumption that everyone above that age should have fun, and for some below that age, it might be boring or too hard. People are different, so I wouldn't worry about that rating too much. Also, even if you have younger kids, you can buy it and play with them when they gonna grown up. All parents know their kids best.