the dehydrators are amazing

Cool! As long as you can produce enough Ancient Fruit to supply those dehydrators, you are making around 830g (1,162g with Artisan profession) for every Ancient Fruit. While an argument can be made that 1,650g (or 2,310g with Artisan profession) could be made with one Ancient Fruit by turning it into wine, the Oak Resin needed to make the Kegs can be very hard to come by.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I find the Dehydrators to be best for medium value crops as I have enough Kegs and Jars to accommodate my Ancient Fruit and Starfruit and those make more g per 'Fruit than the Dehydrator. I randomly plant Mixed Seeds at Ginger so I eventually end up with a big field half full of Pineapples and Blueberries, and the Blueberries are an especially great option for the Dehydrator. There is simply not enough time or g payback to Jar that many Blueberries.

OK. Fine. You win, time to come clean. I usually just sell the Blueberries straight and don't even use the Dehydrators as by the time I remember I should process them I have 4 or 5 stacks and yeah.

Nobody got time to process that, I'm designing a shop for Emily.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Cool! As long as you can produce enough Ancient Fruit to supply those dehydrators, you are making around 830g (1,162g with Artisan profession) for every Ancient Fruit. While an argument can be made that 1,650g (or 2,310g with Artisan profession) could be made with one Ancient Fruit by turning it into wine, the Oak Resin needed to make the Kegs can be very hard to come by.
As well as their accessibility and processing speed, the cheaper to craft dehydrator can chew through crops at 35x the rate that a keg can, making them amazing when you're just starting processing

Honestly, they're something you can use all the way through the game, you don't need that much money for even perfection, you could go without bothering with kegging and making kegs for the (relatively) little use you'd get out of them in a regular perfection runthrough

Akuriko

Farmhand
i am loving the dehydrators, its amazing, i do 1 week of kegs for 103 wines and the rest I do dehydrating a week I pull up around a million a week in gold, however I wonder what the ancient fruit would run in jelly, or starfruit jelly too, lol

i am loving the dehydrators, its amazing, i do 1 week of kegs for 103 wines and the rest I do dehydrating a week I pull up around a million a week in gold, however I wonder what the ancient fruit would run in jelly, or starfruit jelly too, lol
Ancient Fruit Jelly would sell for 1150g per Jelly (1610g with Artisan Profession). Starfruit Jelly would be 1550g per Jelly (2170g with Artisan Profession). Jellies take 2.5 days to process. (By comparison, Wines take 6.25 days to process, whereas Dehydrators just take 1 day).

Whichever method you choose in depends on how quickly you need the money:
1. Selling the fruit as soon as you harvest it (especially directly to Pierre) gives you money the fastest.
2. With dehydrators, you have a relatively quick way to process Fruits 5 at a time per machine with the ability to make an extra 0.667% - 110% g per harvested fruit depending on the initial fruit's quality and if you have the Artisan Profession if you are willing to wait an extra day to sell them. (You actually LOSE money per fruit with Gold and Iridium quality fruit if you are a Tiller but NOT an Artisan).
3. With Jellies, you are only able to process one at a time per Preserves Jar, and the waiting time is 2.5 days to make 100% or 140% (as an Artisan) more per normal quality fruit.
4. With Wine, you are only able to process one at a time per Keg, and the waiting time is 6.25 days to make 200% or 280% (as an Artisan) more per normal quality fruit.

As one can see, Wine gives by far the best profit margin per unit harvest if the farmer has the time (and the equipment) to wait for it all to process.

Also, if dealing with large numbers of them, then collecting each individual Jelly or Wine and putting a new fruit into each and every machine can be a chore in itself!

Dehydrators have become quite the favorite of some players as they provided a form of "middle ground" between options 1 & 3 discussed above.

Akuriko

Farmhand
Well i do my weekly harvest of ancient fruit in the green house and ginger island, I then put some of the fruit into the dehydrators and hold back 103 for the kegs, then I rinse and repeat, however I currently have 79 dehydrators, so 103 wines bring in $237k and the 79 dehydrators bring in $473k per week, so not bad at all,