Take a small loan from mayor Lewis at beginning

Yes , why not ? I personally , for example , would immediately take two grand and buy a medium backpack (large pack) , because dozen slots of default backpack not enough , like , for anything . Anyway , that would be very helpful , no ?

goboking

Rancher
Yes , why not ? I personally , for example , would immediately take two grand and buy a medium backpack (large pack) , because dozen slots of default backpack not enough , like , for anything . Anyway , that would be very helpful , no ?
I used to think so too. Then I started placing chests in the entrance to the mines, outside Willy's shop, and in the southern portion of Cindersap Forest and I only carried what I needed for a given task (i.e. a sword and pickaxe to the mine, a fishing rod to the beach, etc), and now upgrading my backpack is one of the last things I do after upgrading tools and building farm buildings.

On topic, I like the idea, but I think it would feel more organic if Morris offered Joja Credit Cards with high interest rates.

It would probably best to just include a few changes to character creation
These would include but not limited to
1. Starting cash
2. Level of debris
3. Starter buildings (run down coop, barn, silo)
4. Energy bar drain rate
5. Pig lady/krobus/sandy item amounts for purchase

I used to think so too. Then I started placing chests in the entrance to the mines, outside Willy's shop, and in the southern portion of Cindersap Forest and I only carried what I needed for a given task (i.e. a sword and pickaxe to the mine, a fishing rod to the beach, etc), and now upgrading my backpack is one of the last things I do after upgrading tools and building farm buildings.

On topic, I like the idea, but I think it would feel more organic if Morris offered Joja Credit Cards with high interest rates.
Well , I always put chest in the mines entrance since my first playthrough , but you say that additional chests can help you survive without backpack upgrade till the Fall ?

imnvs

Local Legend
Well , I always put chest in the mines entrance since my first playthrough , but you say that additional chests can help you survive without backpack upgrade till the Fall ?
He might think so, but I don't. I get the first backpack upgrade ASAP. Even with a chest at every optimal locale I will still fill my inventory way too fast. I need more space.

He might think so, but I don't. I get the first backpack upgrade ASAP. Even with a chest at every optimal locale I will still fill my inventory way too fast. I need more space.
I to upgrade my backpack ASAP , and I believe it worth any efforts to collect money for this .

goboking

Rancher
I don't wait that long to upgrade to the 24-slot backpack since things get a little tight once I reach the snow levels of the mines (where more ores, gems, geodes, and monster loot becomes accessible). But until the 40th floor, chests strategically placed throughout the valley are enough to allow me to prioritize upgrading my watering can, axe, and pickaxe, purchase a fiberglass fishing rod, and build and stock a coop and barn.

When I leave my farm for a task I only take the tools I need (a sword and pickaxe for mining, a fishing rod for fishing, etc), the hoe (for buried objects), and some food (spring onions or salmonberries since they're plentiful, free, and stack). The hoe, along with any forageables or artifacts I've discovered while en route to the mines or my fishing location, get dumped into the chests once I arrive at my destination. Before returning home, I stuff my inventory with what I can, leaving behind what I intend to smelt (when mining) or sell (when fishing) the next time I'm there, and if there's still too much to carry home, I prioritize items for crafting or bundles.

The only time early-game inventory becomes a limitation is when going to town to dispense gifts. I default to flowers which have a bunch of colors that each come in standard, silver, and gold qualities. That eats up inventory space pretty quickly, so I'm forced to take only what I can in those instances. Other than that, it's fairly smooth sailing until the 40th floor of the mines, honestly.

imnvs

Local Legend
( a bunch of stuff )
Hmmm... I have a sneaking suspicion I'm getting deeper in the mine quicker than you are, in that case, if you're getting buildings upgraded before upgrading your pack about when you're getting to the 40s. That's probably why I'm shooting for getting my backpack upgraded quicker. (I'm usually at the bottom of the mines before Spring 14 in Year 1.)

Potatoes

Farmer
When ever I start a new game I immediately get 50 wood and build a chest on my farm. Then I usually try to at least have to first backpack upgrade no later than summer.

It would probably best to just include a few changes to character creation
It would be interesting to have a play type where you essentially started with a lot of money, but a lot of foragables and materials are really sparce, and maybe only half the trees or something, or only certain seeds were available the 1st year, and see how that changes the way you play the game.

goboking

Rancher
Hmmm... I have a sneaking suspicion I'm getting deeper in the mine quicker than you are, in that case, if you're getting buildings upgraded before upgrading your pack about when you're getting to the 40s. That's probably why I'm shooting for getting my backpack upgraded quicker. (I'm usually at the bottom of the mines before Spring 14 in Year 1.)
If you're clearing the mines halfway through the first spring then you're definitely outpacing me. I only mine once a week and don't typically clear the mines until the end of fall or beginning of winter in year one.