tables and charts

oddpine

Sodbuster
:fish: Fish Numbers

Spreadsheet Link, version 1.0

General Notes
To use the Controls, you need to go to File and then select Make a Copy. Don't edit the other sheets, just the check boxes on the Controls sheet.
It does not naturally rain during winter, but you can make it rain with a rain totem.
There are some inconsistencies between game data and wiki information. The fish affected are Sardine, Carp, Catfish, Super Cucumber, and Tiger Trout. It's not major stuff but I'll edit this/the sheet once I get time to check.

sheet description:
Fish by Location

This sheet lists the fish that are found in each location, separated by season and weather (rainy/sunny). You can select whether or not this shows the Legendary Fish, Legendary II Fish, both, neither, in Controls. Green Algae, Seaweed, White Algae are found in all locations and won't show up on this sheet.

Here is a truncated table that has the fish that differ based on weather in bold.
Location\WeatherSunnyRainySunnyRainySunnyRainySunnyRainy
SeasonSpringSummerFallWinter
Ocean5: Anchovy, Flounder, Halibut, Herring, Sardine6: Anchovy, Eel, Flounder, Halibut, Herring, Sardine8: Flounder, Halibut, Octopus, Pufferfish, Red Mullet, Super Cucumber, Tilapia, Tuna8: Flounder, Halibut, Octopus, Red Mullet, Red Snapper, Super Cucumber, Tilapia, Tuna6: Albacore, Anchovy, Sardine, Sea Cucumber, Super Cucumber, Tilapia8: Albacore, Anchovy, Eel, Red Snapper, Sardine, Sea Cucumber, Super Cucumber, Tilapia8: Albacore, Halibut, Herring, Red Mullet, Sardine, Sea Cucumber, Squid, Tuna9: Albacore, Halibut, Herring, Red Mullet, Red Snapper, Sardine, Sea Cucumber, Squid, Tuna
Forest River3: Bream, Chub, Sunfish4: Bream, Catfish, Chub, Shad6: Bream, Chub, Dorado, Pike, Rainbow Trout, Sunfish5: Bream, Chub, Dorado, Pike, Shad4: Bream, Chub, Salmon, Tiger Trout7: Bream, Catfish, Chub, Salmon, Shad, Tiger Trout, Walleye6: Bream, Chub, Lingcod, Perch, Pike, Tiger Trout7: Bream, Chub, Lingcod, Perch, Pike, Tiger Trout, Walleye
Town River3: Bream, Smallmouth Bass, Sunfish4: Bream, Catfish, Shad, Smallmouth Bass4: Bream, Pike, Rainbow Trout, Sunfish3: Bream, Pike, Shad4: Bream, Salmon, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Trout7: Bream, Catfish, Salmon, Shad, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Trout, Walleye5: Bream, Lingcod, Perch, Pike, Tiger Trout6: Bream, Lingcod, Perch, Pike, Tiger Trout, Walleye
Mountain Lake4: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass4: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass6: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Rainbow Trout, Sturgeon5: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Sturgeon5: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Midnight Carp6: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Midnight Carp, Walleye8: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Lingcod, Midnight Carp, Perch, Sturgeon9: Bullhead, Carp, Chub, Largemouth Bass, Lingcod, Midnight Carp, Perch, Sturgeon, Walleye
Forest Pond1: Smallmouth Bass1: Smallmouth Bass1: Pike1: Pike2: Midnight Carp, Smallmouth Bass3: Midnight Carp, Smallmouth Bass, Walleye3: Midnight Carp, Perch, Pike4: Midnight Carp, Perch, Pike, Walleye
Secret Woods Pond2: Carp, Woodskip3: Carp, Catfish, Woodskip2: Carp, Woodskip3: Carp, Catfish, Woodskip2: Carp, Woodskip2: Carp, Woodskip2: Carp, Woodskip2: Carp, Woodskip
Ginger Island Ocean6: Flounder, Lionfish, Pufferfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna5: Flounder, Lionfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna6: Flounder, Lionfish, Pufferfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna5: Flounder, Lionfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna6: Flounder, Lionfish, Pufferfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna5: Flounder, Lionfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna6: Flounder, Lionfish, Pufferfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna5: Flounder, Lionfish, Stingray, Super Cucumber, Tuna

Valuable Fish
This sheet shows the fish in each location with the highest base sell price. If there are two fish with the highest base sell price, it shows the one with the lowest difficulty. The fish are listed in each cell as Fish Name (sell price, difficulty).

Price by Location
This sheet shows the average sell price of fish according to location and weather. The color scale is split into two sections, that vaguely correlates to easily accessible and not easily accessible. You can flip other catchables on and off. Turning it on does affect locations that have fewer fish which affects the forest pond more than any other easily accessible location. It also skews down the price per catch a lot in hard to access locations like the mines or volcano, which I think is useful to have. There's an option to switch this sheet into showing you the most valuable fish in each location.

Spring: Raining at the river, or at the secret woods pond once you've unlocked it.
Summer: Sunny at the ocean. This is the overall best place and time to fish.
Fall: Raining at the forest pond or river.
Winter: Fish at the forest pond or mountain lake. You get slightly better fish if its raining, but you have to use a rain totem in order to have that happen. During the Night Market, go fishing there.

The Ginger Island Ocean is also a good place to fish, and aiming for the Lava Eels at 700 :g: in the Volcano Caldera and level 100 of the Mines is also worth it.

Difficulty by Location
This sheet shows the average difficulty of fish according to location and weather. It doesn't factor in the other catchables because these don't trigger the fishing mini-game and therefore don't really affect how hard it is to catch fish. Like, it's easy, but it's kind of misleading, IMO. There's an option to switch this sheet into showing you the most difficult fish to catch in each location. The color scale is split into two sections, that vaguely correlates to easily accessible and not easily accessible.

Difficulty at each location pretty much mirrors sell price at location.

Sell Price/Difficulty
This is a list of every fish and it shows the sell price/difficulty ratio. A higher sell price/difficulty ratio means that the sell price is comparatively higher and/or the difficulty rate is comparatively lower. The fish with the highest sell price/difficulty ratio are legendary fish, just because the sell price is so high. After that, it's fish you find in the mines and Night Market. Then it's the Super Cucumbers.

You can use the filter views to sort rows or filter out certain options. Legendary Fish are "YES" and Legendary II fish are "SORTA" in the Legendary column. The color scale goes towards Green as the ratio approaches 2 and goes towards Blue as the ratio approaches 7.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
I will most certainly be copying this into some sort of text abuse device and wrangling it into a format that my pea brain can comprehend as it has all the data I want and none of the data I don't want. I assume. Cause I don't yet know what data I don't want. Never mind.

Thanks for the super-summaryized numbers!

oddpine

Sodbuster
Spreadsheet 1.0 added to Fish Numbers.
I would like to signify if a filter meets certain conditions (i.e. putting brackets around like the fish that are appear in sunny weather only) but don't know how to do that with Google Sheets, so I've added a table with that information to the post.

If you want, you can put the spreadsheets here. "Stardew Valley Community Spreadsheet"
I'm probably not going to do that because of the amount of interconnected sheets gets both clumsy and complicated to have as a section in a larger spreadsheet. That said, if you want to build stuff using the hidden data spreadsheets, go ahead.

oddpine

Sodbuster
:fish: Crabpot Numbers

Spreadsheet Link, version 1.1

Figured I'd put off crabpot numbers for long enough and they aren't super exciting but for completionist's sake. Getting the mariner profession does increase your profits by about 80% if you do a lot of crab pot stuff, but that's honestly rare for me.

fishaveragemariner profession average
ocean7: Lobster, Crab, Oyster, Clam, Shrimp, Cockle, Mussel35.63 g64.29 g
freshwater3: Snail, Crayfish, Periwinkle33.04 g53.33 g

Last edited: