(SWITCH) how to min/max?

romanhasfallen

Greenhorn
ive been playing stardew valley for a few years now, and ive always been a very casual player, but i sometimes integrate some little bits of min/max strategy into my gameplay. ive never actually done a min/max run of any game, and i dont really know anything about min/maxing, but i know its something i want to do. i play on switch and linux, but im focusing on switch for my min/max play because i mod my game heavily on PC. im not really worried about any rules or regulations. im not going to use exploits like the item spawning cheat, but at the same time, i think as long as im having a good time it doesnt matter - if i accidentally make a mistake, i wont mind quitting and restarting the day every now and then, just because i would feel better playing again. i always choose my own seed when i play on switch, but it is one i choose without knowing what to expect - i just like making up my own numbers. on switch, i always play with a remixed community center (available to be completed by year 1), with remixed mine chests, monsters on the farm, and a 25% profit margin (for buying enough seeds).

does anyone have tips for how to start a min/max playthrough? ive looked at Zamiell's guide but im worried i wont be able to do things fast enough because of the reduced speed on switch. i havent seen any min/max guides for stardew valley on switch, and i havent seen any for a 25% profit margin either.

thanks everyone!
(edit: if anyone needs more details to give advice, see my status on my profile :) thanks)

Last edited:
Sorry no experience on the switch myself, nor with any profit margin settings other than stock standard. Best of luck, anything you find definitely share, I'm sure others would be interested in it, I know I would.

I expect fishing would be even More important early on, since it's very inexpensive to get going with it. But pretty much all the timetables in Zamiell's guide are out the window on 25%, so the routing is going to be extremely different, and not all the same things are going to apply, or be equally viable, so yeah, no real suggestions there. Maybe my next runthrough will be at 25%, so I'll share what I find at that time, but that'll be a while since I'm still in Summer Year 1 on my current playthrough XD

romanhasfallen

Greenhorn
Sorry no experience on the switch myself, nor with any profit margin settings other than stock standard. Best of luck, anything you find definitely share, I'm sure others would be interested in it, I know I would.

I expect fishing would be even More important early on, since it's very inexpensive to get going with it. But pretty much all the timetables in Zamiell's guide are out the window on 25%, so the routing is going to be extremely different, and not all the same things are going to apply, or be equally viable, so yeah, no real suggestions there. Maybe my next runthrough will be at 25%, so I'll share what I find at that time, but that'll be a while since I'm still in Summer Year 1 on my current playthrough XD
thanks so much! ill let u know and u can let me know lol