Sun Totems

Gipsy D

Newcomer
I feel like this should've existed along with the rain totem, but I digress. Essentially, the reverse of rain totems. Instead of causing rain the next day, a sun totem (or whatever name it could be) would get rid of rain the next day.

We have a rain totem, why not a sun totem? For those who want to get rid of rain if they don't need it or if the rain is disadvantageous to your situation. Like truffle farmers who constantly need clear skies.

You could obtain the crafting recipe for this by buying it from the desert trader. Makes sense, a person who is from the rainless desert would have a recipe of the sun totem. She already has the recipe for the desert totem, anyway. The recipe itself could use solar essences.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I’ve always wanted an item like this because of the obvious uses and also the fact that the rain totem seems to be a weird standalone item. As a balancing side it could just not be able to cancel out storms.

Also a storm totem, you can already mimic its use with a rain totem on a storm though that use is limited. Having it as a recipe from the island trader or the walnut room would help minimize it being abused and the recipe itself would be quite expensive too, maybe one of each “sap” and radioactive bars or something of the like.