Storm Totem

I'm not sure if this is already in game but, I'll post this anyway.

One thing I'd like to see in game is the option to summon a Thunder Storm and not just summon rain (using the rain totem) the reason being is because aside from being able to produce battery's, waiting around for a Thunder Storm to do Shanes heart event (so you can get the Blue Chickens) is so annoying. I've had many playthoughs where i haven't reached a high enough heart level with him before the winter, then I'd have to wait until Summer before i can trigger that event. It would be nice to have a Storm a totem to use in these cases to trigger the event when his heart level is ready. Maybe even perches one from the merchant in the desert

Ereo

Helper
I'm not sure if this is already in game but, I'll post this anyway.

One thing I'd like to see in game is the option to summon a Thunder Storm and not just summon rain (using the rain totem) the reason being is because aside from being able to produce battery's, waiting around for a Thunder Storm to do Shanes heart event (so you can get the Blue Chickens) is so annoying. I've had many playthoughs where i haven't reached a high enough heart level with him before the winter, then I'd have to wait until Summer before i can trigger that event. It would be nice to have a Storm a totem to use in these cases to trigger the event when his heart level is ready. Maybe even perches one from the merchant in the desert
Shane’s heart event should work with rain as well, at least according to the wiki. I never paid enough attention to confirm this, but my feeling is that I got it on rainy days before.

I think CA balanced the count of thunderstorms so lightning conductor wont become to powerful/profitable. When you can summon a thunderstorm yourself the price (count of totems or the price of an extra totem) must balance this out as well.
Not really, it could still be added and maintain balance by using items that are hard to come by. Or by using items that have multiple uses, forcing you to prioritise.

For example a recipe for it could use
Battery
Prismatic shard
And a rare fish that only comes out in the rain

Or it could use items only available in the seasons when there are Thunder storms (summer and Autumn). Forcing you to have to prepare to craft them over 2 season's.

Example
Rainbow shell
Catfish
Battery

It wouldn't upset the ballance because by the time you're able to profit off the lightning storms your farm likely already has a huge profit margin anyway

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Instead an extra totem I could imagine a mechanic that using the rain totem twice (or three times if twice isn't enough to keep in-game balance) it summons a Thunderstorm next day...
Just an idea.
Honestly I quite like it, or limit it in a fun way, make it so using a rain totem when the next day is naturally rainy makes it storm. Then you can get storm days a bit more often without just being stormy every day and it going back to the same it was pre 1.6 (albeit a little more expensive)