Still betting on GREEN in 1.5?

hexnessie

Farmer
So I did a silly, silly thing and went to the Fair without ANY money (7 gold in my purse), forgetting that it costs 50g to play the fishing game. I usually fish to get the 2800 star tokens needed for the stardrop and the scarecrow, but without any money, all I can do is play the wheel of fortune.

I tried betting on green but it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere. I started with the 1000 tokens won from grange display, and in 10 or so spins of the wheel I'm now at 1200...

Q: Is the "bet on green" advice still valid in 1.5.5 or was it fixed?

Sigrah

Farmer
I think green is still slightly favored, but it definitely lands on orange more often now, enough to make all in bets more risky.

My advice: Pick green and bet no more than half your current tokens. If I were at 1,200 tokens, I’d bet 200 at a time unless I dropped below 800 or something like that.

Good luck.

hexnessie

Farmer
Thanks, I ended up just getting the 2000 for the stardrop, and will get he scarecrow next year.

I hate games of chance so much. (Because you must lose some, and I hate losing).

Sigrah

Farmer
Thanks, I ended up just getting the 2000 for the stardrop, and will get he scarecrow next year.

I hate games of chance so much. (Because you must lose some, and I hate losing).
I understand, it's not for everyone. Me, I just blackmail Lewis for 750 tokens, then just keep spinning the wheel until I get everything I want. My horse needs that Fedora demmit!

Lew Zealand

Helper
How do i blackmail lewis
With the Purple Shorts he asks you to find a little earlier in the game. Don't return them to him and instead save them for the Grange. They also have other similar uses in the game.

If you've already given them back to Lewis, there's a back door to still do this. Bug? Easter Egg? Undocumented Feature?

Craft a Staircase, only takes 99 Stone
Put it in your Farmer's Pants slot
It magically turns into Trimmed Lucky Purple Shorts. This is forest Junimo magic and the reason you drank The Wizard's cauldron full of boiled possum anklebones seasoned with tardigrades.
Use TLP Shorts to your heart's content! Make more! Put them in the Luau Soup! Wear them to your Wedding!