Statue of endless fortune? Seriously?

I bought the statue once and then never again. By the time I've saved for it, I can make gold & irridium bars easily enough and already have a crystalarium or three spitting out diamonds. The birthday gifts and reminder are nice, but I have a calander so it's just not worth the price for that feature alone.

I wish there was a reasonably priced Statue of Gifting or Statue of Friendship that did a variety of gifts for villagers birthdays and maybe the Feast of the Winter Star. That I would probably buy.

Maher

Planter
I like it. It's a tremendous convenience. Makes no sense from a cost/benefit POV but it's nice getting a little surprise every day, and birthday gifts for the villagers. I think it could be improved by offering specific loved gifts, like horseradish or void mayonnaise for Krobus rather than the more universally favored Diamond. I hate seeing a diamond and having to xref the calendar to see who it's for.

ETA:
I suppose I should admit that in the case cited above, I pull a specific love out of inventory and just keep the diamond.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
The real way to use this statue, is in large numbers. Some of the food items it can produce, sell expensively, during NPC birthday. Diamonds sell nicely. If you are blacksmith, Gold and Iridium bars that are common, fetch a nice price too.

Don't buy it, until you have lots of money and nothing better to spend on. If you know what you're doing, it pays for itself, plus makes a nice, hefty profit!

I myself have 34 right now and am planning to fill, an entire Big Shed with those (137)! Although, it was another Stardew player's idea... I found it interesting and merely copied it, lol!

Lew Zealand

Helper
But can you grow those flowers and veggies the same day to give as gifts? Which is not a great question as, unless you've been ignoring the Villagers until you have 1M g siting there moldering in a corner, you likely have everyone to max :heart: already. And really whatchu gonna spend that g on anyway? I got one because I didn't have it yet and I needed to complete my set of Cat Statues, not for it's dubious function.

If you know what you're doing, it pays for itself, plus makes a nice, hefty profit!
I remember going through and working out that even if you juggle professions so that you can sell for the highest possible cost literally everything it produces, including opening the Omni Geodes and selling the contents, it takes something like 10 or 12 in-game years just to get back to breakeven on the seven figure purchase cost. There's no way they are worth it if maximum profit is your goal.

Maher

Planter
unless you've been ignoring the Villagers until you have 1M g siting there moldering in a corner,
Vilagers? Those annoying people who are always pestering you for things, speaking in micro-aggressions and leaving their doors open so you can walk in on their deepest personal problems?

Maybe I should have fessed up to this on the "things you do that other players would find absolutely criminal" thread but, except for the spouse that counts toward a four candle eval (i.e. the iridium kitty), I treat maxing everyone out as a late game endeavor.

With Trixie, I've kind of leaned into it a little more than I have in prior saves. She's the first divorcee, and is quite content living in her house with her son and her 83 (and counting) crystalaria. She might marry again when she has her gold darned clock.

So yup, Lew has nailed my use case for the statue of endless fortune to perfection.

Miretar

Planter
Vilagers? Those annoying people who are always pestering you for things, speaking in micro-aggressions and leaving their doors open so you can walk in on their deepest personal problems?

Maybe I should have fessed up to this on the "things you do that other players would find absolutely criminal" thread but, except for the spouse that counts toward a four candle eval (i.e. the iridium kitty), I treat maxing everyone out as a late game endeavor.

With Trixie, I've kind of leaned into it a little more than I have in prior saves. She's the first divorcee, and is quite content living in her house with her son and her 83 (and counting) crystalaria. She might marry again when she has her gold darned clock.

So yup, Lew has nailed my use case for the statue of endless fortune to perfection.
I have never made an effort to give villagers gifts on their birthdays. My days in game are full enough. I save flowers for ladies and grow fruit trees. On days where the spirits are not in my favor, I ride through town giving fruits and flowers. I also head to the tavern in the evenings to distribute largess. i also from time to time include favorite gift giving. My character is the only farmer in a Pelican Town. Surely it is unreasonable of the villagers to expect my character to run through town giving birthday presents? Besides, I have had no problem getting to 10 friendship over time with the residents.

i am playing this game to do what I enjoy. I kept some chickens but got rid of them as soon as I had enough eggs. I’m on year four on this round of the game and I have no cows yet.

The point is, that there used to be a statue that gave birthday presents, which I never bought. Now I have a statue that does both, badly.

ISSsloth

Farmer
By the very end game, it seem like a lot of the most expensive items offer only a little bit of convenience relative to the price tag, like the golden clock. Even some of the obelisks, in my opinion, are sort of just price tags to work towards, and that seems to be the category this statue falls into. The wiki lists it as one of the easiest ways to get iridium, so maybe it would be more useful for a farmer who needs the end game materials, but struggles with skull caverns. I'm still not sure it would outweigh the cost.

stardew_luv

Planter
I bought the statue once and then never again. By the time I've saved for it, I can make gold & irridium bars easily enough and already have a crystalarium or three spitting out diamonds. The birthday gifts and reminder are nice, but I have a calander so it's just not worth the price for that feature alone.

I wish there was a reasonably priced Statue of Gifting or Statue of Friendship that did a variety of gifts for villagers birthdays and maybe the Feast of the Winter Star. That I would probably buy.
Ooh I like the statue of friendship idea! Then you wouldn’t need that useless calendar that only lets you look a one season at a time. It’s would just produce a loved gift on everyone’s birthday and then a universally loved or liked gift the rest of the days for bonus in between friendship points.

stardew_luv

Planter
By the very end game, it seem like a lot of the most expensive items offer only a little bit of convenience relative to the price tag, like the golden clock. Even some of the obelisks, in my opinion, are sort of just price tags to work towards, and that seems to be the category this statue falls into. The wiki lists it as one of the easiest ways to get iridium, so maybe it would be more useful for a farmer who needs the end game materials, but struggles with skull caverns. I'm still not sure it would outweigh the cost.
The only good the clock serves is to keep GI free from weeds that keep crops you might not check in on daily safe and the outdoor items safe on main farm from seasonal change but by the time you can afford the thing you’re swimming in sheds and house space. So it really only protects GI by that point. It’s so ugly too. I’m not a bling type gal I just love natural blending into my pretty farm surroundings items. I usually hide the ugly thing behind something else. I wish I could do something about those ugly obelisks too. lol.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah they're absolutely a convenience item, they take many many years to pay themselves off, just use them for the items they give or as a reminder for birthdays

Benhimself

Rancher
The thing about convenience items is that its value doesn't just come from selling the items it gives you. How long does it take a return scepter or junimo hut to pay for itself? The value comes in the time it saves, such that you don't have to go rooting through your storage chests for a good birthday gift, can skip that skull cavern run and get some other things done because you've got spare iridium and gold bars, can finish off the museum with the steady trickle of omni-geodes (and by trading them, artifact troves) and friendships with the steady trickle of universally-liked-or-loved diamonds, etc etc.

Contemplate how long it takes you to make or acquire a loved gift for every single NPC, on top of doing enough skull cavern runs to get about 20 diamonds, 20 omni-geodes, 100 iridium ore, 100 gold ore, and 40 coal. Imagine you spent that entire time fishing with Sturgeon bait instead, and THAT'S the true (yearly) value of a statue of endless fortune.

imnvs

Local Legend
I paid a million for this & am getting flowers and veggies. I can grow those. To paraphrase famous smuggler: “Fortune, I can imagine quite a bit. Hold the green stuff.”
It's because those are loved gifts by the person whose birthday it is that day.
The real way to use this statue, is in large numbers.
Speaking of using them in large numbers...
Bob-StatueShed.png