Solved Stardew won't boot on PC

mofallon86

Greenhorn
I can play Stardew on my Mac laptop with no issue, but whenever I try to boot on my PC it closes itself before it even opens up. I have over 500 hours in the game and it just started doing it this week. I tried deleting the startup pref file like I have seen recommended online and it didnt change anything. I am running it through Steam in both cases.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are quite a few methods that might be used to fix that I and others have outlined many times already and would rather not (not trying to be rude).
I would reccomend browsing the forum through a search which more than likely will net you with a solution to your problem, good luck.

mofallon86

Greenhorn
I appreciate the help. I have tried searching through them and done the compatibility fix, didnt work, tried installing XNA and didnt work, I ran steam as administrator, that didnt work, verified the integrity, and that didnt work. I am running vanilla so I didnt try any of the modding fixes.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ok, I'll do some research as well in my free time for you, It might have somethign to do with package data though I can barely manage files as it is and you will need to find someone with more experience (perhaps in modding too?) to help you.

mofallon86

Greenhorn
I found the issue last night. It’s something to do with my graphics card. I switched from using my graphics card from performance setting to low power setting and was able to make it work. I’ll keep looking into things to see why that worked, but at least for now it’s something. Thanks for the help.

myaeriee

Newcomer
I found the issue last night. It’s something to do with my graphics card. I switched from using my graphics card from performance setting to low power setting and was able to make it work. I’ll keep looking into things to see why that worked, but at least for now it’s something. Thanks for the help.
do you mind explaining how you did that? I'm having the same issue where my game is not launching, and all of the fixes are not working either. I've been trying for 3 days now and still nothing.

mofallon86

Greenhorn
I’m using Windows 11. I went to settings, then display, and under it has the option for graphics. Stardew was listed as using the performance setting on my graphics card. I switched it to low power mode which is using my cpu(I think). After that I was able to get it to work.