Linux Stardew Valley randomly segfaults on Linux

LuanaNeder

Newcomer
Hey!

After a while playing (long enough to do a lot on one (or more) days, but sometimes not long enough for me to save the progress of the current day), Stardew Valley is sometimes randomly abending.

I cannot find Stardew Valley’s log files, but running a dmesg shows that it segfaults. I’m including a dmesg and a coredumpctl/lldb backtrace for two of the times this happened, but it has happened more than twice now.

Launching from Steam
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
GPU: NVidia RTX 4090
Input: DualSense controller
Game language: English
Single player
Version: 1.6.8 build 24119

Dmesg shows a bunch of warnings related to the DualSense controller, but it doesn’t seem to be related since those happen way before the segfault does (they happen even when the game is not open, while the segfault happens randomly - often after I’ve already played for at least 80% of a day (or more than one day)).

I don’t think the error has happened in days I did not go to the mines, but my memory isn’t good enough to affirm this for sure. It did crash in the mines multiple times, as well as in many other places in the map sometime after exiting the mines.

(I attached one of the backtraces now, I’ll include the other one as well as my save file in a bit once I get to my computer again)

Attachments