Stardew Valley OST

tdog0008

Sodbuster
I’ve been listening to the Stardew Valley Soundtrack on Spotify lately, and I have to say what we all already knew- it’s an awesome soundtrack. I just love the juxtaposition between the 80s inspired synth of some of the seasonal songs and the bluegrass-like sound of some of the areas and events. It works, so well.

What are everyone’s favorite songs? For organization, I’ll give the following categories;

Seasonal song:
Festival song:
Character event song:
Other song:

Here’s mine:

Seasonal song: Ghost Synth- one of the fall songs and it just feels so much like Stardew Valley. It’s perfect.

Festival song: the Winter Star Feast song works because it sounds like a Christmas song without just being a Christmas song. If you heard this out of context, you may think it were an actual real world Christmas song.

Character event song: This may be a controversial opinion, but I’m going to go with Maru’s song. It’s a song that could be interpreted different ways, depending on how you are playing your relationship with Maru. It’s romantic enough to fit if you’re pursuing romance, but not so obviously that it doesn’t also work for a platonic relationship. Fundamentally, this song feels like what it feels like to lay on your back and watch the stars.

Other song: My favorite song in the entire game has to be the Calico Desert song. It’s just so perfectly 80s/90s synth to fit with the rest of the game, and evoke the same kind of nostalgia as the rest of the soundtrack, while also sounding exotic enough to let you know immediately that you aren’t in the Valley anymore.

Honorable mentions:

Alex, Shane, and Emily’s event songs are amazing as well. They really express that character and their arc. While I still stand by what I said above, these are all very, very close.

All of the winter music is great in that they all feel like winter- even more so, I think, than the other seasons.

A lot of the music from the mines, especially in the early levels is oddly relaxing.

Let me know what your favorites are and why!

Quillmagic

Farmer
Seasonal song: Either "The Smell of Mushroom" or "Nocturne of Ice". The two songs are just so... chill.
Festival Song: I like all the Night Market music, but I also love the Luau music or the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies theme.
Character Song: Ooo, this one's hard. I play "Land of Green and Gold" (Leah's theme) in my cabin, but I also love Shane and Emily's music. I love Maru's 6 heart cutscene (one of my faves) and I agree with you, the music is very chill and prime for relaxing under the stars.
Other Song: Maybe "Movie Theater"? It's very upbeat and I play it in my work shed. Also, the Wumbus Theme I really like, since it's so weird and otherworldly, and totally fits the movie. For a non-spoilery option, I'd go with Caroline's sun room "Alone with Relaxing Tea" and the secret woods theme.

tdog0008

Sodbuster
Seasonal song: Either "The Smell of Mushroom" or "Nocturne of Ice". The two songs are just so... chill.
Festival Song: I like all the Night Market music, but I also love the Luau music or the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies theme.
Character Song: Ooo, this one's hard. I play "Land of Green and Gold" (Leah's theme) in my cabin, but I also love Shane and Emily's music. I love Maru's 6 heart cutscene (one of my faves) and I agree with you, the music is very chill and prime for relaxing under the stars.
Other Song: Maybe "Movie Theater"? It's very upbeat and I play it in my work shed. Also, the Wumbus Theme I really like, since it's so weird and otherworldly, and totally fits the movie. For a non-spoilery option, I'd go with Caroline's sun room "Alone with Relaxing Tea" and the secret woods theme.
“Chill” is a great word to describe those songs!