Stardew Valley Expanded

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I play nearly exclusively on mobile.
I have a few mods that I use when I play, they aren't major--mostly automation, fishing, and the quarry content patch.

I downloaded and ran all the mods that needed to be included with SVE, and it was running just fine; for some reason now it is very laggy and unresponsive (it took 3 in-game hours to get home from the town square going by the bus stop, and another 1.5 in-game hours just to get to the bed from the front door).. so rather than ruin all my other saves, is there a way to safely remove SVE? Do I just delete it the way I would any other mod? thanks.

kdau

Tiller
There can be a few extra steps, depending on how much of SVE you're using. This is the official SVE uninstall instructions, but they're too outdated to be useful at this point. In current terms:
  • If you're married to one of the SVE NPCs, nowadays SMAPI will take care of divorcing you and cleaning them up.
  • If you were using the IF2R farm map, you might want to consider keeping just that part. It might not be as laggy as the rest of SVE for you.
  • If you were using IF2R and choose to remove it, the advice from the uninstall instructions about things becoming unreachable still applies.
  • On any map that is un-SVE'd, bushes will be in the wrong place, potentially getting in the way of things. Reset Terrain Features is the mod to take care of that.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
There can be a few extra steps, depending on how much of SVE you're using. This is the official SVE uninstall instructions, but they're too outdated to be useful at this point. In current terms:
  • If you're married to one of the SVE NPCs, nowadays SMAPI will take care of divorcing you and cleaning them up.
  • If you were using the IF2R farm map, you might want to consider keeping just that part. It might not be as laggy as the rest of SVE for you.
  • If you were using IF2R and choose to remove it, the advice from the uninstall instructions about things becoming unreachable still applies.
  • On any map that is un-SVE'd, bushes will be in the wrong place, potentially getting in the way of things. Reset Terrain Features is the mod to take care of that.
1. nope
2. nope
3. did not use IF2R
4. I'm on mobile and don't have access to the "L" key to use that mod, it's weird .. I remapped it to Q using the JSON file but haven't had much luck using the virtual keyboard that is installed with SMAPI. do you have any advice for that?

kdau

Tiller
The Virtual Keyboard has been working alright for me on Android. You can add new keys to it by extending its configuration file, but remapping a mod's key to an existing VK key like "Q" should have worked too (assuming you didn't already have a mod that used "Q"). Do the "Command" and "Console" buttons in the Virtual Keyboard work for you?

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
The Virtual Keyboard has been working alright for me on Android. You can add new keys to it by extending its configuration file, but remapping a mod's key to an existing VK key like "Q" should have worked too (assuming you didn't already have a mod that used "Q"). Do the "Command" and "Console" buttons in the Virtual Keyboard work for you?
Yes. I can use commands in the console.
Something in my save files must have gotten corrupted.. I started a new save and it seems to be working fine.

ETA: I started a new file when I started using this mod. I was trying also to use my older save, with all the goodies and money (lol) and I think that may have caused a problem.
I will back up and remove sve, and try to run the terrain reset mod.