Stardew Lite

I think some smaller games with limited content could be really fun to play.

Stardew Fisherman- I love the fishing and would play a version of Stardew that's only fishing. It could be a leveled game that moves through the seasons and locations. Mini games like ice fishing, the submarine, and the fair, along with better poles & bait, could be unlocked as you go.

Stardew Miner- Just mining and combat, moving through each level of the mine, the quarry mine, skull cavern, and the new mining (I haven't experienced since I play on ipad). I don't have a clear idea how it would work, but I'd play a game that was just the mining.

And Stardew Farm, where you only do your crops. Instead of Pierre's, there could just be a menu for your seed catalog. There's only your farm, no town, and no farmhouse. New seeds, tool upgrades, trees, the greenhouse, and some equipment unlock with experience points.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
I’ve recently began to think that it’d be cool if CA could expand Stardew’s fishing somehow as in make it both more fun and more profitable and the idea that I’ve thought of is for him to take a page from Forrest Gump and it’s Bubba Gump shrimp storyline and have us be able to go out at sea with Willie shrimping and have it be able to make a person who prefers fishing as their profession be able to quickly make as large amounts of money as the truffles from having pigs do.

imnvs

Local Legend
I dunno...

Stardew Miner... sounds like NetHack but with twice the resolution. (The more current version, not the old-school ascii version.)

Stardew Farmer... sounds like Farmville.

Stardew Fisherman... uh... I don't know what to compare that one too.

I mean, for me, anything that was that limited wouldn't hold my interest. That there's so many different things to do, and you mix doing them to get different things done. That there are the NPCs to interact with and befriend. The heart events and the festivals. That it's a farm life simulator is the attraction to me, not the individual components that are the things you do with certain skills.

This is not to say everyone does or should agree with me. Considering that there are fishing sims, crop sims, and that NetHack still exists? Well, there clearly are people that would be interested in such things. I'd pass, though.