Stardew Ideas

Podge

Sodbuster
Hello wonderful fellow Stardew players!!

In my excitement for the 1.6 update, I have come up with some more Stardew Valley ideas. See this post for my previous list of ideas. Please note that I wrote many of these a while ago, so excuse any that seem out of date. These also are in no way demands nor complaints nor me pressuring additions into the game—they are just some ideas to be thrown out! And as always, for these, SPOILER WARNING!!! Anyway, no more excuses, so without further ado, here’s the list!

-A changing halloween maze every year (or maybe it rotates between 3 or something). I love the halloween maze but Ive done it so many times that i know all the ways now. (I know now that this is in SDV expanded but I still think its a good idea for base game)

-Another use for the spa. I think I’ve never actually used the spa in a play through because it’s so out of the way. Maybe the spa could give you a buff corresponding to how long you spend in the pool?

-A junimo pet that follows you like when you complete a room in the community center—-this would be very endgame in my mind, like as another gift for perfection

-EXTREMELY nitpicky but I think the hat mouse shop should close at some point at night just for continuity purposes (I only thought of this because one time I passed by the hat mouse shop at 1 am and the mouse was staring at me and I was a little terrified)

-adding tree fertilizer to a tree should make it so that you can’t destroy the tree with sword/scythe (must do with an axe or pickaxe)

-a way to make it so that the lowest quality item will be consumed first while cooking

-a way to ‘favorite’ items so they don’t stack with items in chests when you hit the button that does that (stolen from terraria)

-An sprite for gold ore that looks different in the volcano mines and the difficult mines (like the iron and copper have—why does gold not?)

-Should the key to the town also apply to sandy’s shop? It doesn’t currently. This one is debatable, though, because technically she’s not in town, but I feel as if the purpose of the key is to make all the shops accessible at any time. Up for debate though!

-Imo you should be able to get a pearl every year from the night market mermaid show instead of just once. How is it different from getting a golden pumpkin every year from spirit’s eve?

-Outdoor decorations for the beach farm/ginger island like beach chairs, umbrellas, beachballs

-Decorative anvil

-I would love it if the professor snail cave on ginger island corresponded (the opposite way) to the cave on the farm. Basically, if you pick a fruit bat cave from Demetrius, it would be a mushroom cave on ginger island, but if you pick a mushroom cave, the ginger island cave would be a fruit cave.

-A weapon rack that has weapon storage similar to a dresser for rings etc

-A different colored background for when you pick up a piece of furniture than for when you pick up something valuable

-A reward for defeating 50 ghosts
-A ghostbusters shirt?

-Dwarf scrolls=loved gift instead of liked gift for the dwarf (otherwise they have no other purpose besides maybe an occasional fish pond)

-I would like it if on the special orders board/mr. qi quests you can’t get the same quests two weeks in a row

-This is in the other post too but…please…………..I’d love a junimo kart achievement or at least SOMETHING BESIDES THE STUPID HOME GAME THING PLEASE

-Bug fix: ‘donate to museum’ still appears even once you complete the animal things on ginger island

I’m so happy to be getting back into this game after a while. Please tell me if you have feedback or comments on these ideas!

Njin

Planter
I like your Ideas...I always wanted more statues like the statue of perfection, maybe one for coal one for copper and one for Iron...more auto farming machines would be great as well like a collector you could put in front of a crystalarium or a solar panel and would auto collect things .. I hear 1.6 has a scythe upgrade Iam hoping that it will help harvest crops that would be awesome

Njin

Planter
What a great list. I would add stackable windows in the inventory. I like to max the windows on each wall but they fill up the inventory quickly.
That be nice but I'm grateful they aren't If you ever made the mistake of buying them at robins, When your trying to stack stone or wood holding down that button or got a clamp on it, stick drift human error whatever next thing you know your inventory is filled with em better that than buying several stacks of 999 windows by accident . Perhaps an option to purchase quantity would be great that would solve that problem. while we are at that suggestion maybe a faster way to crack geodes. I get tired of holding down X.

Skeeziks

Sodbuster
I usually go overboard with how many scarecrows I have. I wish you could highlight a placed scarecrow and have it show the area it covers. That would be very helpful!

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I usually go overboard with how many scarecrows I have. I wish you could highlight a placed scarecrow and have it show the area it covers. That would be very helpful!
I like the mouse/raccoon/cute gray mammal one, so I use that one instead of the deluxe scarecrow. But I'm usually off by one tile in my calculations and wind up losing a plant or two. So I'd definitely appreciate a feature like that (I'm on Switch so I can't mod it in). It's not even that I mind losing the money, I just get twitchy when my fields aren't symmetrical.

(I only thought of this because one time I passed by the hat mouse shop at 1 am and the mouse was staring at me and I was a little terrified)
😂 😂 😂

PEARL - when I manage to play a save longer than 1-2 years, I always get more of them. They happen to appear in treasure chests, maybe even in the dungeons? don't recall ... Some things should not be too easy - at least, that's how I see it.

My wish list would definitely include a lot more diverse decorations - AND more variety in the festivals. I don't even bother going to the luau or flower dance any more ... or to the Moonlight Jellies ... yawn! 😴

A weapon rack
This brings me to my wish to be able to display the weapons in a museum! So far, it doesn't work, the most you can do is display them on signs, which is extremely inconvenient to do. (though it looks really cute)

MogBeoulve

Farmer
This may sound strange, but I would like the ability to turn off the crop fairy. If it did one whole crop that would be one thing, but it usually does part of one and part of another and throws everything out of whack!
Seconded! For the same reason! I get around this now by not growing anything but grass on my farm, since the crop fairy does not visit the greenhouse or Ginger Island. But for that first year or two where I'm still working up to that luxury, I get so annoyed!