Would you play a MMO Stardew game like this?

• Yes, definitely.

• Maybe, quite possibly.

• No, No way.

• Unlikely, but will see.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GG Cannon

Tiller
Suggestion for a future follow-up game to Stardew Valley, using the same sprites style, re-using almost all the sprites and story of the current game for a few specific events and bigger in magnitude.

Stardew Country Online

Incredibly, it is actually an MMORPG.

This game would happen a few years in the future of the Timeline of the Stardew Valley game.

When creating their character, the player will choose the "Weather Line" of the farm, if it is "Equatorial", "Tropical", "Sub-Tropical" or "Artical" weather line, which will define the 4 seasons of that farm.
Your farm may also be in-land or Island. In which case you'd get a boat instead of a car.

-Each player has a farm with a road and a car.

The farm has an "Address" containing which State, City and Road they are in "Stardew Country" (used to visit friend farms).

You can also invite friends to live permanently in your farm, they create a new character that lives in one of the small huts of your farm or can move an existing non-main character living an another farm to move there.
-Each player account can only have 1 main character + 1 character living permanently on friends farms per friend farm.

-Player House is modular and can be upgraded in inner size indefinitely, adding new rooms, moving the entrance door from place, adding an attic and basement and growing them indefinitely.

-Upgrades to the Farmhouse, Farmland and Structures may be purchased by phone or by visiting a close-by city out of multiple existing cities (at least 1 per Weather Line, containing stores, Procedural romanceable NPCs , non-romanceable non-procedural service NPCs and more)

Cities are huge "Massive Multiplayer" areas where players can meet, talk and interact with one-another and with those NPCs.
Time in the game never stops in the cities, but your own farmland time runs relative to your player and friends characters living there, making the night pass-by instantly when everyone is asleep to the next morning.
You need to visit a city to know which day and hour it currently is there, including Pellican Town, since the big cities may be in different "time zones" as well.

Marriages can be done between player&NPC and between player&player, and they will schedule an event among multiple choices of multiple cities.

-Player Farm is ALSO modular, allowing for you to purchase the close land and expand your farm indefinitely in square or section and choosing if the extended land is Forest, Lake, Plains or Mountains.

Plains are 100% useful for farming, Forest gets new trees constantly of all types, Lakes have special fish that can only be fished in self-owned lakes and get bonus reward from fishing ponds places inside a lake square, also getting increased grass growth, Mountains have mineral resources and have a chance of having a cave which can be turned into an infinite depth mine entrance, a mushroom cave or a fruit bat cave, meaning you can have multiple caves in different mountainous squares.
If your farm is set to be an Island, you purchase new close-by Islands, which are both bigger than in-land squares but also more expensive.
Players may also choose to sell their farm in order to purchase a new one elsewhere at any time.

-Unlike in Stardew Valley, the Greenhouse is one of the structures you can purchase and evolve with time, going from a 10x10 small greenhouse to 25x25 medium and a 50x50 huge greenhouse with ceiling sprinklers, owning multiple of these, but they are very expensive in both paths.

-Since Stardew Valley is also a battle RPG of swords and magic, there should still be the same here, with added special skills based on the ring being used and PVP Arena, Duels, bigger monsters with special quests, Boss monsters, Party Quests, Expeditions and more.

-You can still visit the Stardew Valley and Pellican Town and the Island and meet slightly aged versions of the NPCs in the same town and all the events, such as the "Dance of the Moonlight Jellies", "Stardew Valley Fair", "Night Market" and all of those, just as a tourist, like the tourists we sometimes see in the original game.
Besides new events for each individual city and player-made events such as a player organizing a festival or a feast.

-New Monster Ranching.
Not only slime huts, there could be ways to grow, ranch and farm other monster types, such as Pepper Rexes, Serpents, Dust Sprites, Crabs, Hot & Metal Heads (and other new Head monsters), False Magma Cap (And other False Mushroom monsters), Lava Lurks (and new Lurk Monsters) and many other monster types and new monster types.

-The choices between Joja and Junimos/community still exist and each coming with bennefits and opening hand of the opposite side.
You have 2 service options to upgrade and build your structures: "Joja Conglomerate" and "Community Consortium"
Community Consortium is a company Robin would have started after the end of Stardew Valley together with Sandy, Marnie, Clint, Willy, Pierre and the Wizard, who just decided to participate because Abigail asked him to help them.
Community Consortium is a much smaller enterprise than Joja and the Joja Conglomerate should have several flash sales while the consortium only has flat prices and a point system.
All Community Consortium franchises are homes similar to the "Community Center" with multiple small stores inside of NPCs of the cities they are in, with basements and backyards.
There are also Junimo Quests related to basements and backyards of every Consortium.
The Junimos dislike Joja, influenced by talking to the Wizard and Abigail, and hence dislike those that involve too much with Joja, while at the same time, Joja hates those that give too heavy profits to their enemy, the "Community Consortium", and may forever block players that provide too much profit to the Consortium from specific services and products that you can't get anywhere else and you can only get once you you give enough profit to Joja, which would lock you as a Joja follower since the Junimos would already hate you.
Joja wishes to become a global monopoly at all costs, while the Community Consortium wants to stop them and build Community Markets and centers to oppose Joja's monopoly.

Community Consortium & Junimos path rewards:
Fantasy Seeds, access to magical lands due to a portal, can build and expand farms in a "different world" with permanent weather, dealing with King/Medieval NPCs and new medieval procedural romanceable NPCs and unlock new adventures of magic and battle and with unique Artifact equipment and farm tools that you can't get on Joja path, you also get unique magical farm Structures and decorations that you can't get through Joja, including the Junimos Hut.

Joja Conglomerate Path Rewards:
Bio-Engineered Seeds, access to unique facilities and labs and unique farm structures and decorations that you can't get through the Community Consortium & Junimos, also get access to special Joja expeditions to other countries and remote locations of the world and can purchase new Farmlands in "far-away countries" unlocking new JojaCities, NPCs, Private Airport, facilities, stores and other unique Joja benefits that you can't get through the Community Consortium & Junimos path, such as specialized hired help.

Players may also "Run for Mayor" against other players in each city, but only 1 city at a time at specific intervals, for benefits and management mini-games that only mayor players can play, besides special role interactions between the mayors and decisions that actually influence the appearance of the cities and costs of the city services.
Players running for mayor can get votes in different ways.
NPC Votes, With mini-quests that only 1 player can fulfil at a time.
Player Votes, decided between players themselves.
A limited number of players can run for mayor at once.
If a Mayor player is offline for too long, he loses the office and a new election happens at that city.
A new election happens every 2 in-game years since the last election for each city.

All that with the same sprite art style, battle and farm system of the current Stardew Valley, with new seeds, new structures, new decorations and many other new stuff and people to do, build upon and interact with.

This is also a game that could be easily expanded with new regions, new cities, new quests, new monsters and new things to do from time to time and could even include a "Crowd Sourcing" to a degree for the community to help create new cities, quests and monsters or other things, through voting and contests from time to time, making it an ever expanding world of an MMORPG version of the future of Stardew Valley.

Last edited:
I am old-school and play most games as single player and seldom multiplayer locally. I am not a fan of MMORPG.
So I miss "unlikely, but will see" as vote option.

Anyway I think such a concept could work. Many younger players seem to like MMORPGs.
@CA & the devs: if you ever plan to release a "SDV MMORPG" please make the server open-source or something alike so one can play as LAN-party too!

GG Cannon

Tiller
I am old-school and play most games as single player and seldom multiplayer locally. I am not a fan of MMORPG.
So I miss "unlikely, but will see" as vote option.

Anyway I think such a concept could work. Many younger players seem to like MMORPGs.
@CA & the devs: if you ever plan to release a "SDV MMORPG" please make the server open-source or something alike so one can play as LAN-party too!
Since you requested, I added "Unlikely, but will see." as a possible vote option as well.

ISSsloth

Farmer
Would there be a way to connect your current singleplayer farm to the mmorpg or would they be completely separate? I likely wouldn't play if I had to start over.

GG Cannon

Tiller
Would there be a way to connect your current singleplayer farm to the mmorpg or would they be completely separate? I likely wouldn't play if I had to start over.
This is actually interesting and an important point. There could be an option to import your farm, but that would also be a bit overly unfair to new players and limit you in a few things...

How about "Inheriting" some stuff from the current single player SDV game?
Like, you import a save and you can choose some things from your character inventory to bring over, including a % of the money, some of the skill levels, farm tools and some resources within chests on your farm including all rare seeds and fish.

It could be said that your character in the MMOSDV would be a child or grandchild (depending how far in the future of the timeline the story of the game happens) of your current SDV character or even a relative that somehow inherited some stuff from you.

So you wouldn't bring over everything (Fresh new start in a new game with a new farm) but it would be a new game+ in a sense, carrying over a TON of work from your current game but still keeping it new and just an advantage so you are not starting over from 0.

GG Cannon

Tiller
I think an MMO SDV game would be cool with an economy and trading. I don't like the idea of single player items being ported over.
I don't think porting EVERYTHING would be good as well, but having a head start relative to how big your non-modded single player is in some manner (with a maximum limit) would be interesting for us to have a sense of "Inheritance" to say that the MMO character is, Lore-wise, related to your single player game in some manner.

Of course there needs to be a maximum because there are those that use console commands to add items and money and things like that, but having some benefit to having a save of SDV would be kind of cool to give that sense of connection between the two games and the "time-line".

It could even be a fixed benefit, like if you have a save, no matter how advanced, you get "X" and everyone that played SDV before gets the exact same head start bonus, also because there are a LOT of people who have hundreds if not thousands of hours in the same save file and would not be interested in starting a new farm from absolutely 0.

You reminded me of an anime deca dance
the bug killing mmo is resolved so they turn the game into a farming sim