Stardew characters

parisgirl24

Greenhorn
Anyone else want a little more changes with some characters? In my game I'm as far as to where I've finished the community center, joja is out of business and the Joja market is now to become a theater if I collect the items, so idk if any of the characters I may mention will change eventually as I get further or jot but here's my thoughts.
So when I completed the bus stop in the community center, it was great to see Pam get her job back but I wish she had changed somehow is all. I just feel bad for Penny and I think it'd be awesome to see her mom change and stop drinking to be a better mom. She also says in her dialogue she wishes she could eat better and healthier but you never see changes as far as I've come, so it would be really cool to see that change.
Sort of a sad but eye-opening thing too could be like maybe Pam gets sick from drinking so she's in the hospital but she's able to get better and because she almost died from her life choices she has that eye opening experience where she quits drinking completely and becomes healthier and better for not only herself, but her daughter.
Similar to the 2nd idea I had and for a more somewhat morbid experience I guess if anyone likes this idea, I personally don't too much, but maybe Pam could also get sick because she drinks so much that it's ruining her so she has to be in the hospital and eventually does because of the life choice she made to drink and then Penny grows up more is able to make some changes with her life and better choice than her mom did.
I also think it would be cool if once you're married, other characters would get together say like you marry Shane and you don't plan to divorce or something like that, or if you do you still have the option of seeing anyone else you'd like, but I think it'd be cool to see like Leah and Elliot, Lewis and Marnie or Marnie and the Adventure Guild dude(can't remember his name at this moment, Marlon maybe?) or Emily and Clint got together. They don't need to have kids at all but it'd be cool if they did too. I just think it would make the game more interesting I guess if more characters got together.
If I think of more I'll be sure to post, but for now that's what I think would be pretty neat. I know it'd be a lot of updates to do any of that possibly but it would be cool to see something like that in the future for the game if that's an option. Thanks for taking your time to read and hope you liked any of these ideas. Hopefully something different can happen like these ideas or something similar in the future. 😁

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think everyone in some way wants different things to happen or have happened in the history of the characters and beyond into the greater world of SDV, I personally think some of the issues (some unresolved) paint the humanity of each of the characters and our time in stardew as a snapshot of it's evolution.

On the contrary though, I do love hearing and reading about people's headcanon and fanfics, which are an amazing medium for expressing what you wish to be in the game, that can even go beyond into modmaking and integrating what you yourself see the game as, it's nice that stardew valley is really open for either of those things, having many openings (and outright gaps) in its lore and being readily moddable with guides to boot.

parisgirl24

Greenhorn
I think everyone in some way wants different things to happen or have happened in the history of the characters and beyond into the greater world of SDV, I personally think some of the issues (some unresolved) paint the humanity of each of the characters and our time in stardew as a snapshot of it's evolution.

On the contrary though, I do love hearing and reading about people's headcanon and fanfics, which are an amazing medium for expressing what you wish to be in the game, that can even go beyond into modmaking and integrating what you yourself see the game as, it's nice that stardew valley is really open for either of those things, having many openings (and outright gaps) in its lore and being readily moddable with guides to boot.
Makes sense. Yeah it's mostly just ideas I think would be cool integrated into the game but I know it likely won't happen anyway which is completely fine. The game is still great regardless of the ideas I think would be cool in it. It's at least better than most games I've played in the past where you just play and then it ends or just repeats things over and over instead of having it move forward more with the game like stardew does. I just find it fun to keep playing because there's more things to do after another so it's not boring.