Sprinklers should have the ability to fill up pet water bowls

Lew Zealand

Helper
This is a popular idea but it may not be added as a game feature as the game mechanic of filling the Pet's water bowl is a big part of getting your :heart: levels up with your Pet, along with petting them every day. I guess you could voluntarily skip filling the bowl and have the Sprinkler do it every day but as there's currently no penalty for not filling the bowl the Sprinkler would be more of a role-playing or cosmetic choice, which is always a fun option.

I had the most brilliant idea: I would place a sprinkler next to my cat's water bowl, and it would auto-fill it. But to my dismay, the bowl remained dry. It would be a nice little tweak if sprinklers had the ability to fill up pet water bowls.
I tried so too.

This is a popular idea but it may not be added as a game feature as the game mechanic of filling the Pet's water bowl is a big part of getting your :heart: levels up with your Pet, along with petting them every day. I guess you could voluntarily skip filling the bowl and have the Sprinkler do it every day but as there's currently no penalty for not filling the bowl the Sprinkler would be more of a role-playing or cosmetic choice, which is always a fun option.
I would like to see the possibility for filling bowls via sprinklers but with no or very less heart level growing. You still have to pet the pets.
It would also fitting with the way sprinklers fill the slime bowls.

I'd like an auto-fill bowl upgrade option available from Robin once you've reched full hearts with your pet.
The farmer could get a letter from her after the first pet reaches full hearts telling you about the new item that could save you a little time, like the well letter she sends.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I wouldn't mind something like the autopetter situation where you get a diminished amount of friendship but still a little bit