[Spoilers] What is the best way to see all of the 14 heart events?

Yuki

Greenhorn
I want to see all the bachelors' and bachelorettes' 14 heart event and I was wondering what is the best way to do that. I really appreciate any advice!

imnvs

Local Legend
There's three ways to do it...

1, a new marriage each save.
2, marry and divorce everyone on one save.
3, watch videos on YouTube.

Now... let's just assume you're not taking option 3. I'm not sure which is easier in the long run, but we can see what's easier about each one.

See, the thing is that if you do it all in one save, all the times you talk to people and give them gifts while also wooing the first person you're going to marry means that if you marry that first person and divorce them, getting the next person to the point where you can marry them and see their 14 heart event is that much shorter of a time... but you're going to leave a wake of really pissed off people behind you. That'll make some things difficult. Like, if you're on your last marriage, 11 people in town hate your guts and won't take gifts from you... there's a certain task you could be given that becomes really hard. So you save yourself a bunch of work going with option 2... but you make things harder down the line. Option 1... well, there's no overlap, so each 14 heart event is being worked for individually. That means it'll take you longer to see all of them, but none of your saves will have 1/3rd of the town hating you.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Also, you get a feel for how each individual story progresses over the course of one save file if you do them individually. If you just want to see the events and don't care about character development or story progression and just want to see the cutscenes then you probably wouldn't be asking this question, and would have gone with option 2, probably. But it IS time consuming to go option 1. Just depends on your goals/preferences i guess.

Shart

Planter
I was able to see all 14 hearts events in less than 2 ingame years by doing these:
-Get 10 hearts with all of them and then marry them 1 by 1
-Marry the character whose birthday is the closest first and give them gold/iridium quality of loved gift on their birthday (Iridium rabbit foot is really useful for Alex/Harvey's birthday)
-Give gifts AND talk to them everyday
-Ask them to watch the movie once per week. It can give 100/200 friendship points for liked/loved movies. Don't forget to buy them their favourite snack for extra 50 friendship points
-After seeing the event, divorce them and propose the next candidate whose birthday is the closest again
-Flower dance festival can also give a little extra help (and probably Luau too, but I never tested it myself)
-Maru and Leah's 14 heart events won't show up in the winter if I'm not mistaken, so try not to marry them in the fall
-I suggest doing all these after you get the perfection, but it is not necessary

Last edited:
I was able to see all 14 hearts events in less than 2 ingame years by doing these:
-Get 10 hearts with all of them and then marry them 1 by 1
-Marry the character whose birthday is the closest first and give them gold/iridium quality of loved gift on their birthday (Iridium rabbit foot is really useful for Alex/Harvey's birthday)
-Give gifts AND talk to them everyday
-Ask them to watch the movie once per week. It can give 100/200 friendship points for liked/loved movies. Don't forget to buy them their favourite snack for extra 50 friendship points
-After seeing the event, divorce them and propose the next candidate whose birthday is the closest again
-Flower dance festival can also give a little extra help (and probably Luau too, but I never tested it myself)
-Maru and Leah's 14 heart events won't show up in the winter if I'm not mistaken, so try not to marry them in the fall
-I suggest doing all these after you get the perfection, but it is not necessary
You sound like dangerouslyfunny

Shiztastic

Farmhand
There's three ways to do it...

1, a new marriage each save.
2, marry and divorce everyone on one save.
3, watch videos on YouTube.

Now... let's just assume you're not taking option 3. I'm not sure which is easier in the long run, but we can see what's easier about each one.

See, the thing is that if you do it all in one save, all the times you talk to people and give them gifts while also wooing the first person you're going to marry means that if you marry that first person and divorce them, getting the next person to the point where you can marry them and see their 14 heart event is that much shorter of a time... but you're going to leave a wake of really pissed off people behind you. That'll make some things difficult. Like, if you're on your last marriage, 11 people in town hate your guts and won't take gifts from you... there's a certain task you could be given that becomes really hard. So you save yourself a bunch of work going with option 2... but you make things harder down the line. Option 1... well, there's no overlap, so each 14 heart event is being worked for individually. That means it'll take you longer to see all of them, but none of your saves will have 1/3rd of the town hating you.
No lasting downside to option 2.

Dark Shrine of Memory in the Witch’s Hut will “fix” all of your ex-spouses for 30,000g. You can then go marry your favorite again if you like.

imnvs

Local Legend
No lasting downside to option 2.

Dark Shrine of Memory in the Witch’s Hut will “fix” all of your ex-spouses for 30,000g. You can then go marry your favorite again if you like.
While this may be true, that's 30k down the hole... and unless you do it after every divorce (which starts making it cost more and more), whenever you get the quest to give out 50 loved gifts in a week, your available pool of giftees is shrinking and it becomes more difficult to accomplish that task. So yes, not in the longest of long terms does it have any lasting effect... but it can still have an effect, slowing you down at times you may not want to be, or costing you as much as 360k to marry, divorce and be forgotten by all 12 candidates, if you didn't pick the one you'll stay married to last.

Last edited:

Shiztastic

Farmhand
While this may be true, that's 30k down the hole... and unless you do it after every divorce (which starts making it cost more and more), whenever you get the quest to give out 50 loved gifts in a week, your available pool of giftees is shrinking and it becomes more difficult to accomplish that task. So yes, not in the longest of long terms does it have any lasting effect... but it can still have an effect, slowing you down at times you may not want to be, or costing you as much as 360k to marry, divorce and be forgotten by all 12 candidates, if you didn't pick the one you'll stay married to last.
The 50 Loved Gifts quest only becomes impossible if 12 candidates are refusing gifts. Plus you could simply take the other quest option.

I can’t really speak to the TC’s income, but I’ll assume that if they have the gold to Marry/Divorce every candidate, then dropping 30k to erase the damage done won’t be an issue. Especially since it takes about 2 years in game.

imnvs

Local Legend
The 50 Loved Gifts quest only becomes impossible if 12 candidates are refusing gifts. Plus you could simply take the other quest option.

I can’t really speak to the TC’s income, but I’ll assume that if they have the gold to Marry/Divorce every candidate, then dropping 30k to erase the damage done won’t be an issue. Especially since it takes about 2 years in game.
I didn't say it was impossible, just difficult. At 11 folks refusing gifts you have to give gifts to literally everyone else to make it, and you need to give 6 gifts to a spouse that week.

Also, the other option may not be one they can or want to do too. I mean, I don't want to go fishing for 3 days of stress 3 weeks in a row doing the Extended Family quest, and yes, I've been given that as an option 3 weeks in a row. If I felt it would be too difficult to do the loved gifts, and my only other option was Extended Family, I might not do one that week.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah, the "best" way to do that? There are a few zillion ways to accomplish that as "best" is different for each player out there. You've certainly been given good strategies by other people here with experience but I'm going to offer my opinion on one of them which thus far has avoided extensive discussion.

If you wanted to see them all, Youtube is a quick if heartless method of experiencing them. However these are specifically heart events and you're looking at like 35 or 800 hearts worth of events (maths, whatever) and choosing a heartless method seems not to be consistent with the nature of this RPG.

And IMO I'm going to drive a stake in the heart (that was not an intentional pun) of the Marry & Divorce option to see all the 14 heart events for the very same reason. It is not in the nature of the concept, execution, and RPG player experience of Stardew Valley. Of course everyone plays the game differently (I've watched and enjoyed all of DF's obnoxious SDV videos), but you did say "best" and therefore are courting opinions. Divorcing 11 people IMO will lessen your enjoyment of the 14 heart events. Actually I think the YouTube option is better than this.

Rather, you should keep those events in waiting, something new for each time you play the game. You may never see them all, you may accidentally find out about them through spoilers Hi! :junicheer:. You may seek them out from insatiable curiosity as people keep making references to them here (I've done this with a few, but I still *very much* enjoyed the events when they happened). I think you may find yourself with an overall diminished experience of the whole game itself by mechanically grinding through all the necessary procedures to unlock them all. IMO that would kill the RPG aspect of the game.

Unless you're Liz Taylor or Larry King, they were pros at divorce and ya gotta go with your strengths!

PS: I don't recommend the Henry VIII method.

rippytrippy

Planter
Depends on level of patience :/ watching them on YT would be easiest and fastest; however, if you'd like to actually experience them.... idk, it might be faster to marry and divorce each one and then erase memories? Making 10 different save files seems excessive

imnvs

Local Legend
Depends on level of patience :/ watching them on YT would be easiest and fastest; however, if you'd like to actually experience them.... idk, it might be faster to marry and divorce each one and then erase memories? Making 10 different save files seems excessive
12 marriage candidates in town, not 10.

However... the talk about the shrines, guys? I think we need a spoiler warning on this thread, because that's post-CC stuff, generally regarded as "should be put behind a spoiler".

LRangerR

Local Legend
Rather, you should keep those events in waiting, something new for each time you play the game. You may never see them all, you may accidentally find out about them through spoilers Hi! :junicheer:. You may seek them out from insatiable curiosity as people keep making references to them here (I've done this with a few, but I still *very much* enjoyed the events when they happened). I think you may find yourself with an overall diminished experience of the whole game itself by mechanically grinding through all the necessary procedures to unlock them all. IMO that would kill the RPG aspect of the game.
There are unfortunately some people out there who have come to think that grinding IS part of the RPG experience. Maybe we should create a new genre that is a Grind Playing Game (GPG) so that people can get back to Role Playing Games (RPG). That said, I still very much haven't seen most of the events so far. It'll be something to do on a run that I get bored in.

And IMO I'm going to drive a stake in the heart (that was not an intentional pun)
Mmmmm, steak...

Yuki

Greenhorn
Oh my gosh! I was not expecting so many responses on this thread and I really appreciate everyone's suggestions and opinions! I will consider all of these options when I get to this point.

Thank you again, everyone!