Split Screen Support Nintendo Switch

Nsk102

Newcomer
I have heard many great things about this game and looking for a new game for my girlfriend and myself i came across Stardew Valley, I had finally decided its time to see what this game has to offer. Sadly Stardew Valley only offers online multiplayer and not an option for splitscreen. So atlas i write this post in the hopes that this one suggestion could be answered in the idea that im sure I would not be the only person taking advantage of a split screen Stardew Valley for the Nintendo Switch. I truly hope this post can get answered as i would love the chance to play on one system with a split screen capability.

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello @Nsk102!

Good news: this is already possible!

You have two options, either you start a new farm via the Co-op > Splitscreen option on the main page, or you can use an existing farm.

If you're starting a new farm, the Co-op option will be easier, as you'll get the Multiplayer options in a big window on the left, although you can change these options in the Advanced Settings of any new farm.

Choose the number of Cabins you want, the Cabin Layout, the Profit Margin, and if money is Shared or Separate. Now someone else can join in simply by pressing the + button on their controller.

If it's their first time, they'll get to customise their farmer, and as soon as they claim the Parsnip Seeds from Lewis, that Cabin will now be their's.

To add a second farmer to an existing farm, everything will be the same, except you'll have to construct a Cabin from Robin (they're really cheap).

If you wish to split funds (shared is the default), then go to Mayor Lewis's Manor and select the book on the left (not the divorce one). This change cannot be undone AFAIK.

Other platforms allow up to 4 people in Splitscreen, however the Switch is limited to 2 people, but this sounds adequate for your needs.

And it works like a treat! My furtherest-along farm was a Splitscreen one with my Mum, it was great fun, and we only encountered a handful of bugs.

Hope this helps!