Speedrunning the community centre

heckouttahere

Greenhorn
Hi all! Not new to SDV but started a new farm, I’m trying to speed run the community centre and so far have completed the fish tank, boiler room and crafts room. Just wondering if anyone had any tips on the others, particularly the bulletin board? I will complete the Vault room bundle last when all other expenses are paid for. Also new to SDV forums so hi! Hope everyone has a good day <3

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hello and welcome!

The bulletin board is largely a bunch of random fetch quest items and serves well to be done last. By speedrunning I assume you're using the correct meaning of the word in regards to being fast irl time.
In that case there are a few things you'll want to do:
1. get to a high enough foraging level to use tappers, you'll need them for maple syrup and oak resin
2. be constantly on top of foraging in the respective season, foraging is by far the easiest way to get the nautilus shell for example, forage on saturdays
3. if you're sleeping through at least year 1 to get an easy red cabbage there isn't a reason to not rely on the fruit cave for fruit, you can always plant an apple tree in early spring/summer year 2 if you don't think you'll meet the needed fruit in good time

There isn't much else to the bulletin board, just stay vigilant about season exclusive stuff and get animals down sooner as rabbit feet and duck feathers can take a while of friendship building

Lew Zealand

Helper
First off, I find that I usually have enough g for the Vault by the time I'm still waiting for Summer 1 Year 2 to get the Red Cabbage Seeds from Pierre for the accursed Dye Bundle. Check the Traveling Cart Lady as often as possible in case she sells them, though my luck has been poor. OK mostly because my remembering to check every Fri and Sun is very poor. Like you, I usually plan to pay for the Vault last as that g can go somewhere else but also consider that the top 2 Vault Bundles give nice reward items, as well as access to the Bus and its destination when completed, which gives you 2 very easy items to donate to the Exotic Foraging Bundle. But you already have that one.

I'm thinking you may have chosen the Mushroom cave to get that taken care of, which makes the Artisan Bundle more annoying. Getting one or two of each Barn and Coop Animal will get that and the Animal Bundle covered and get you started on the Chef's Bundle for:

The Bulletin Board. Tap one of each Tree for the 3 Items you'll need. A KEY thing I always miss is to have a look at what Flowers I need for the various bundles because they are so seasonal. Also if you have the Mushroom Cave, Plant Apple and Pomegranate trees ASAP. The Nautilus Shell is easily missed as it's a Winter Beach item. The Dye and Enchanter's Bundles require high :heart: with Animals but you've already started that above. Keep petting them daily and feeding them on Grass outside if you can.

Last edited:

heckouttahere

Greenhorn
Hello and welcome!

The bulletin board is largely a bunch of random fetch quest items and serves well to be done last. By speedrunning I assume you're using the correct meaning of the word in regards to being fast irl time.
In that case there are a few things you'll want to do:
1. get to a high enough foraging level to use tappers, you'll need them for maple syrup and oak resin
2. be constantly on top of foraging in the respective season, foraging is by far the easiest way to get the nautilus shell for example, forage on saturdays
3. if you're sleeping through at least year 1 to get an easy red cabbage there isn't a reason to not rely on the fruit cave for fruit, you can always plant an apple tree in early spring/summer year 2 if you don't think you'll meet the needed fruit in good time

There isn't much else to the bulletin board, just stay vigilant about season exclusive stuff and get animals down sooner as rabbit feet and duck feathers can take a while of friendship building
Thank you so much! This has given me a lot of insight and I will be using this info going forward!! :)

heckouttahere

Greenhorn
First off, I find that I usually have enough g for the Vault by the time I'm still waiting for Summer 1 Year 2 to get the Red Cabbage Seeds from Pierre for the accursed Dye Bundle. Check the Traveling Cart Lady as often as possible in case she sells them, though my luck has been poor. OK mostly because my remembering to check every Fri and Sun is very poor. Like you, I usually plan to pay for the Vault last as that g can go somewhere else but also consider that the top 2 Vault Bundles give nice reward items, as well as access to the Bus and its destination when completed, which gives you 2 very easy items to donate to the Exotic Foraging Bundle. But you already have that one.

I'm thinking you may have chosen the Mushroom cave to get that taken care of, which makes the Artisan Bundle more annoying. Getting one or two of each Barn and Coop Animal will get that and the Animal Bundle covered and get you started on the Chef's Bundle for:

The Bulletin Board. Tap one of each Tree for the 3 Items you'll need. A KEY thing I always miss is to have a look at what Flowers I need for the various bundles because they are so seasonal. Also if you have the Mushroom Cave, Plant Apple and Pomegranate trees ASAP. The Nautilus Shell is easily missed as it's a Winter Beach item. The Dye and Enchanter's Bundles require high :heart: with Animals but you've already started that above. Keep petting them daily and feeding them on Grass outside if you can.
Thank you so so much!!! This is so helpful :)