Writing Something I'm Writing

Woven in Fur

Farmhand
I'm writing (well really coming back to the start of a story from a while ago šŸ˜…) a story where the main character is a stray that is caught by animal catchers. This is what I have so far, what do you think?
Flashing lights, loud beeps, and sirens. That's all I heard in the darkness. When I awakened, there was a light covering an area of a large vehicle that was filled with cages, cages, and more cages. The only thing was, they were filled with animals. The dusty cages were filled with dirty, hopeless dogs growling cats, and me, a German Shepard puppy. All the animals were like me, caught trying to scavenge for better food. Suddenly, the cages lurched forwards. I saw out the back window that we had stopped moving. Two men came to the back of the vehicle and started taking the cages out and into a dark building. ā€œThatā€™s trouble,ā€ I thought, ā€œIf I get taken in there, Iā€™m not going to see the light of day anytime soon.ā€

PorkChop

Planter
It's......
Okay...
ish...
(not trying to be rude. I just think you should keep going with it. Maybe revise a few things.)