Some NPC related ideas

FeverCode

Greenhorn
I had these ideas on my mind for a while, might as well share here ^^
- It would be nice that on around year 4 or 5, a new villager will arrive (like Kent) that we can befriend or romance. I don't know why but I imagined it's great to have him/her live with Marlon & Gil, maybe as a relative/apprentice to one of them or even a fellow adventurer (idk if it's just me but the adventurer's guild could have a new member). We could have also Emily's and Haley's parents, as they are mentioned traveling. But unlike Kent and the previous one, their parents will come and go in the valley for one season per year. The only problems I see with these ideas is that they'll greatly hinder achieving perfection and that Haley's parents might be better off as a tragedy... maybe having the new villager come after perfection could be something but I feel that may be somewhat weird idk.

- Some people might've suggested this already and probably also made a mod but yeah it would be nice if there's y2 dialogue for the other festivals, or just maybe new dialogues after competitions instead of being transported at home after (NPCs will have something new to say after either winning or losing, getting the pumpkin, and either just watching or dancing in the flower dance, etc.). This could make festivals a little more engaging.

- When you invite your spouse to the movies, it would be really nice if the children could come (maybe they could only come to certain movies). Maybe it would be a nice addon to be able to invite at most 2 villagers, and that they could have interactions with one another (Maybe general reactions if they love, like, dislike the other and select few pairs have unique dialogue for one another).

-Finally, be able to call your mom/dad through the telephone. Also having an option to casually talk to the others in the telephone, that could be varied based on the time and season. It's kinda pointless but I would probably spend time just talking to them for fun.

I had these ideas on my mind for a while, might as well share here ^^
- It would be nice that on around year 4 or 5, a new villager will arrive (like Kent) that we can befriend or romance. I don't know why but I imagined it's great to have him/her live with Marlon & Gil, maybe as a relative/apprentice to one of them or even a fellow adventurer (idk if it's just me but the adventurer's guild could have a new member). We could have also Emily's and Haley's parents, as they are mentioned traveling. But unlike Kent and the previous one, their parents will come and go in the valley for one season per year. The only problems I see with these ideas is that they'll greatly hinder achieving perfection and that Haley's parents might be better off as a tragedy... maybe having the new villager come after perfection could be something but I feel that may be somewhat weird idk.
I would like to have more (active) adventurer there. Maybe there could be a challenge for reaching some mining tasks...
Abigail mentions she likes to go to the mines as well as (cosplay?) sword fighting. I would like to have such tasks with her too.

- Some people might've suggested this already and probably also made a mod but yeah it would be nice if there's y2 dialogue for the other festivals, or just maybe new dialogues after competitions instead of being transported at home after (NPCs will have something new to say after either winning or losing, getting the pumpkin, and either just watching or dancing in the flower dance, etc.). This could make festivals a little more engaging.
Maybe there could be a dialogue collection and after year 1 one out of this collection is selected randomly!?
It would be great, if such a collection could be expended by the SDV community as well (of course still proofed by devs).

- When you invite your spouse to the movies, it would be really nice if the children could come (maybe they could only come to certain movies). Maybe it would be a nice addon to be able to invite at most 2 villagers, and that they could have interactions with one another (Maybe general reactions if they love, like, dislike the other and select few pairs have unique dialogue for one another).
I could also image that one can invite Penny to babysit ones children meanwhile.

-Finally, be able to call your mom/dad through the telephone. Also having an option to casually talk to the others in the telephone, that could be varied based on the time and season. It's kinda pointless but I would probably spend time just talking to them for fun.
:thumbsup: