So I'm treasure diving in the Skull cave...

Farrow

Sodbuster
I wonder what caused this. It's an interesting glitch because things like this usually don't happen in games because of how code is compiled its usually easiest for the game to spin a wheel of sorts or pull off a table what it's supposed to have. Of course even these have cracks especially with code that compiles itself to repeat (like skull caverns infinite floors) but usually that's just like it chooses nothing or it chooses things from a table it's not meant to (like for example the loot table for trash cans) but this is rather unique since the lines of code needed for that only really need ran once, so that I can think of there's no reason in a game for it to rerun the command to spawn the parsnip seeds. Of course on the title screen/loading in yes I can see the need for reusable code there but hmm... sorry don't mind me I like trying to understand things especially glitches since their obviously unintended but it is almost always how the computers understand what we told them to do so you end up with "perfection" or something incapable of screwing up if designed in the correct manner meeting imperfection, as in human coding, and they mesh in some weird ways...

VampireCake

Rancher
I wonder what caused this. It's an interesting glitch because things like this usually don't happen in games because of how code is compiled its usually easiest for the game to spin a wheel of sorts or pull off a table what it's supposed to have. Of course even these have cracks especially with code that compiles itself to repeat (like skull caverns infinite floors) but usually that's just like it chooses nothing or it chooses things from a table it's not meant to (like for example the loot table for trash cans) but this is rather unique since the lines of code needed for that only really need ran once, so that I can think of there's no reason in a game for it to rerun the command to spawn the parsnip seeds. Of course on the title screen/loading in yes I can see the need for reusable code there but hmm... sorry don't mind me I like trying to understand things especially glitches since their obviously unintended but it is almost always how the computers understand what we told them to do so you end up with "perfection" or something incapable of screwing up if designed in the correct manner meeting imperfection, as in human coding, and they mesh in some weird ways...
Yeah it is a bit strange, maybe something to do with the fact that the original ones are in a package and these are in a chest, so in both cases you're taking them out of something? Plus treasure levels can give you 5 or 10 seeds as well as 15, so I'm curious to know if it happens with those amounts too - I would guess possibly not as that makes it not identical, but it'd be interesting to find out. :happy: