Snake Vertebrae

POOPIK465

Greenhorn
hi guys this is my first post and i was wondering how do i get snake vertebrae i got one and i dont know how to get the second one the wiki told me that i need to fund artifact spots but i have been trying for weeks and i cant seem to get one.
if anyone can help me thank you so much.
and english is not my first language so im sorry for mistakes

Gonzo

Greenhorn
It took me a long while to find the second one. What worked for me was panning. I found one digging artifact/worm sites on the farm and the other panning in the river running through the dig site. Good luck!

POOPIK465

Greenhorn
It took me a long while to find the second one. What worked for me was panning. I found one digging artifact/worm sites on the farm and the other panning in the river running through the dig site. Good luck!
the wiki says you cant get it while panning

Njin

Planter
the wiki says you cant get it while panning
Look everyday for artifact spots south-west of your island farm, on the side of the bridge on the beach with coral only place they really pop up . best way I found it was to look first thing you do in the morning if you see a artifact spot hoe it, if it is not snake vertebrae -- reload the game and play as normal...the next day the artifact spot will still be intact with a chance of giving you something else. It will not stay there past Sunday, forage and artifact spots reset, so if it pops up on Friday that would mean only have a couple days to try for it .. Hope it helps Good Luck:)

Elenna101

Farmer
Look everyday for artifact spots south-west of your island farm, on the side of the bridge on the beach with coral only place they really pop up . best way I found it was to look first thing you do in the morning if you see a artifact spot hoe it, if it is not snake vertebrae -- reload the game and play as normal...the next day the artifact spot will still be intact with a chance of giving you something else. It will not stay there past Sunday, forage and artifact spots reset, so if it pops up on Friday that would mean only have a couple days to try for it .. Hope it helps Good Luck:)
Artifact spots don't reset that way, they have a random chance of going away every day (unlike forage which accumulates throughout the week and resets Sunday, as you said). The strategy you said does still work though, it's just that you can't predict how many days you'll get.

A better strategy which only works on Ginger Island is that artifact spot results on Ginger Island only are affected by how many times you've hoed the ground (don't ask me why). So if you get an artifact spot that's not a snake vertebra, reset the day, then on the same day hoe the ground before trying again. Keep resetting and increasing the number of times you hoe on each reset until you get it.
I suggest looking for artifact spots at the very start of the day if you can, then you don't have to decide between resetting for a vertebra versus keeping all your progress that day.

POOPIK465

Greenhorn
Artifact spots don't reset that way, they have a random chance of going away every day (unlike forage which accumulates throughout the week and resets Sunday, as you said). The strategy you said does still work though, it's just that you can't predict how many days you'll get.

A better strategy which only works on Ginger Island is that artifact spot results on Ginger Island only are affected by how many times you've hoed the ground (don't ask me why). So if you get an artifact spot that's not a snake vertebra, reset the day, then on the same day hoe the ground before trying again. Keep resetting and increasing the number of times you hoe on each reset until you get it.
I suggest looking for artifact spots at the very start of the day if you can, then you don't have to decide between resetting for a vertebra versus keeping all your progress that day.
tnx for the info but i dont really want to hoe 1000 time a day and reset plus i tried that and after 4 real life hours i didnt got the snake vertebrae

Elenna101

Farmer
tnx for the info but i dont really want to hoe 1000 time a day and reset plus i tried that and after 4 real life hours i didnt got the snake vertebrae
hmm I've tried this myself and seen others try it a couple times and it doesn't usually take more than maybe 20 resets, I think. Could be that you're super unlucky but just checking, was the artifact spot you were using in the west part of Ginger Island (i.e. the same area as the island house)?

I have found it twice at worm spots in the little dirt patch right by the parrot express place north of the farmhouse. I have also found it on the mussel node beach, and in the patches of dirt around the small pond just west of the farm, behind the palm tree foliage.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As elenna said do the reset method as that way you only need to find 2 artifact spots and it doesn’t waste any time, only usually takes a max of about 20 resets which is on the unlucky side I tend to get mine in <10