Issue SMAPI missing file, but file is in installer

JesseBoii

Newcomer
When I go to run the installer through windows, I get an error message saying that it is missing a specific file in the installer, but the file exists at the address it says it needs. Image attached below
1665543182225.png

Edit:
Just incase, I'm trying to download 3.16.2 SMAPI and my Stardew Valley is the latest version, 1.5.6 I've gone through all the steps multiple times and no threads or anything I go through has fixed the issue.

Last edited:

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
When I go to run the installer through windows, I get an error message saying that it is missing a specific file in the installer, but the file exists at the address it says it needs. Image attached belowView attachment 11916

Edit:
Just incase, I'm trying to download 3.16.2 SMAPI and my Stardew Valley is the latest version, 1.5.6 I've gone through all the steps multiple times and no threads or anything I go through has fixed the issue.
This is happen because you are running the file directly from the ZIP archive (SMAPI-3.16.2-installer.zip). First you need to extract the .zip file somewhere and after that install SMAPI. :dust:
It's not an issue.
How to do:

JesseBoii

Newcomer
This is happen because you are running the file directly from the ZIP archive (SMAPI-3.16.2-installer.zip). First you need to extract the .zip file somewhere and after that install SMAPI. :dust:
It's not an issue.
How to do:
Thank you, this has worked. However, now when I try to install any mod including the SMAPI mod that the website says I have not downloaded, the download doesnt start and clicking manual download doesn't do anything to fix it

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
Thank you, this has worked. However, now when I try to install any mod including the SMAPI mod that the website says I have not downloaded, the download doesnt start and clicking manual download doesn't do anything to fix it
Where are you trying to download the mod? From Nexus Mods?
After you click on the button "MANUAL DOWNLOAD" you will need to click on the button "DOWNLOAD" and "SLOW DOWNLOAD" to download the mod.
Read this:
Player's guide to using mods