Solved SMAPI Log Error Palooza

bewbs

Cowpoke
Hello! ^^

I am very new to modding (just started today) and I cannot seem to get a plethora of my mods to work- most notably the Stardew Valley Expansion.

I have tried looking at some other threads and downloading the unofficial updates to some mods, but now I think I have made it worse and I am not sure where to go from here ^^;

Any fixes or guidance would be much appreciated! Reference info and SMAPI log posted below.

Platform: Windows
Game version: 1.5.6
SMAPI Log

For added reference, please see below for a screenshot of my mods folder:

1642913134406.png

Please let me know if you need any additional information! Feel free to talk to me like I am five... it is my first day using mods!

Last edited:

TildenJack

Tiller
You have multiple versions of the same mods installed, which prevents either of them from loading. So you have to make sure you're only using one of each mod.

Mods\-Stardew Valley Expanded--3753-1-13-18-1641659337\CustomMusic
Mods\CustomMusic_1.8.2-unofficial.1-d235j\CustomMusic.

Mods\PyTK - Platonymous Toolkit-1726-1-22-8-1627473393\PyTK
Mods\PyTK 1.22.9-unofficial.1-strobe\PyTK.

Mods\Even More Recipes-1742-1-5-12-1611064105\[PPJA] Even More Recipes\[JA] Even More Recipes
Mods\PPJA Mega Pack-1935-NA-1608588583\[PPJA] Even More Recipes\[JA] Even More Recipes.

Mods\Fresh Meat-1721-3-0-3-1608575474\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[MFM] Fresh Meat
Mods\PPJA Mega Pack-1935-NA-1608588583\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[MFM] Fresh Meat.

Mods\Fresh Meat-1721-3-0-3-1608575474\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[MYC] Fresh Meat
Mods\PPJA Mega Pack-1935-NA-1608588583\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[MYC] Fresh Meat.

Mods\Fresh Meat-1721-3-0-3-1608575474\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[PFM] Fresh Meat
Mods\PPJA Mega Pack-1935-NA-1608588583\[PPJA] Fresh Meat\[PFM] Fresh Meat.

bewbs

Cowpoke
Thank you!

I didn't realize some of them were the same because the names were slightly different. Also, I really just had no idea what I was doing :D

I now only have one error regarding UI Info Suite. Is there a different version of this mod I should be using? I don't see any other links on Nexus.

SMAPI Log

Also- what is a reasonable amount of mods to play with and what would probably prevent the game from being playable? I don't want to download too many things.

TildenJack

Tiller
As the log says, you can check https://smapi.io/mods for updates, which would lead you to https://github.com/Annosz/UIInfoSuite2/releases

And since the last major update allowed the game to use more than 4 GB of Ram, there's theoretically no limit on how many mods you can use (if you have enough Ram, that is). But some mods could be incompatible with one another, so you should always check the descriptions and the comments. And the more mods you install, the longer it'll take for the game to load. At least until this mod is finished, which should replace Custom Music with something that doesn't slow the start down massively.

But if you want a lot of content that's compatible with one another, I'd recommend Stardew Valley Expanded + Ridgeside Village + East Scarpe and all the NPCs mentioned on its page.
And to be on the safe side, install the Noclip Mod too. That way you can still watch cutscenes even if your character happens to get stuck, which would otherwise force you to skip the cutscenes or even quit the game.