Issue SMAPI issue

JazzyGaming

Newcomer
I haven't touched Stardew mods in awhile but I downloaded the most recent version of SMAPI and tried to launch it but I keep getting the same error, with and without mods.
SMAPI failed to initialize: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Stardew Valley' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'Stardew Valley'
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 86
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 39

I don't want to mess up anything since I don't understand a lot of this stuff so I would appreciate some help :( I just wanted to use mods again

Last edited by a moderator:

Mizzion

Tiller
It would be best to include a parsed SMAPI log link with any issues you have. You can get the parsed log by going to SMAPI Log Parser and follow the directions there. Then share the log here.