Interior Slime Hutch Design

Meadowlark

Farmhand
Despite its bad reputation, I decided to get a slime hutch on my farm, and I decorated it. I thought it looked nice so I wanted to share it on here. Sorry about the slimes not being very photogenic, they're probably camera-shy.

Mods used: Gray Stone Slime Hutch, That One Tile in the Slime Hutch That You Can't Place Stuff On Fix, and SVE (for the barrels)

Slime Hutch Image

Has anyone else done a slime hutch design?

FairyRing

Farmer
Despite its bad reputation, I decided to get a slime hutch on my farm, and I decorated it. I thought it looked nice so I wanted to share it on here. Sorry about the slimes not being very photogenic, they're probably camera-shy.

Mods used: Gray Stone Slime Hutch, That One Tile in the Slime Hutch That You Can't Place Stuff On Fix, and SVE (for the barrels)

View attachment 11349

I love slime hutches and I love what you've done with the place!!! I do the double gates too so mine won't get in non slime places. Those slimes do seem very camera shy.
I don't decorate my slime hutch because letting it fill up with slime blobs and popping them is like bubble wrap for me!
What song do they like on the jukebox?

Meadowlark

Farmhand
I love slime hutches and I love what you've done with the place!!! I do the double gates too so mine won't get in non slime places. Those slimes do seem very camera shy.
I don't decorate my slime hutch because letting it fill up with slime blobs and popping them is like bubble wrap for me!
What song do they like on the jukebox?
Yeah the double gates have been really helpful to keep them inside their area. Letting the hutch fill up with slime sounds like a fun idea!

I have the Adventurer’s Guild theme on for them right now, but sometimes I switch it to a mines theme.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Why are these slimes living better than me?-
Conspicuous Catalogue Consumerism.

But really the Couches are just there to taunt the slimes because they sadly can never sit on them and more importantly, seal their delicate derrières to them so tightly that the vacuum breaks with a satisfying *POP* when the Farmer finally wrests their posterior's freedom from the custom-grooved CoucHug.

You can see the look of concern and longing on the slime warming it's back at the fire. Unrequited love for the soft, huggy Couch which will never be returned.

Sana

Farmhand

View attachment 11349

Dumb question but I just got my first one so idk what I'm doing, what are the boxes for on the right?

View attachment 11349

here's my new design https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/slime-shed-design.29328/

Lew Zealand

Helper
Dumb question but I just got my first one so idk what I'm doing, what are the boxes for on the right?
They're for water. If you water your Slimes they will produce Slimeballs which you can break to get more (inventory) Slime which you can use for other things, including making more Slime Eggs! And you can use sprinklers to keep them watered if you want.

Sana

Farmhand
They're for water. If you water your Slimes they will produce Slimeballs which you can break to get more (inventory) Slime which you can use for other things, including making more Slime Eggs! And you can use sprinklers to keep them watered if you want.
Are they movable? I wish I had designed my slime hutch before hatching my egg lmao. i need to trap that lil guy. Will my one slime produce more eggs? or do I need to find more in the mines?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Are they movable? I wish I had designed my slime hutch before hatching my egg lmao. i need to trap that lil guy. Will my one slime produce more eggs? or do I need to find more in the mines?
Unfortunately the water bins aren't movable so they (and any Sprinkler or a spot where you can water the Bins) needs to be accommodated for in your design. Even a single Slime will produce more Slime Balls and when you destroy the Slime Ball it'll release about 5 Slime or so? And a small chance for the Petrified Slime mineral. I think it takes 99 Slime to put in the Slime Press to get another Egg so you'll get there eventually.

stardew_luv

Farmhand

View attachment 11349

Aww they have a couch, a juke box to listen to and books to read. How adorable! Did the witch visit your hutch or did they turn dark through careful cross breeding?