Skull mine help

Stardewy_eyes

Greenhorn
Hello! I’m newly obsessed with Stardew and play it on my switch. I have a question about the skull mine and think there might be a bug and was curious if anyone else has had this issue?

After destroying every rock and monster in the first floor I cannot advance. There are no ladders, no shafts and when I try to place a staircase it won’t let me place it literally anywhere in the floor. Has anyone else run to this issue? I have reached the bottom of the mine and advanced pretty far in the desert mine so I am perplexed.
Thanks in advance 😊

imnvs

Local Legend
Umm... do you mean Quarry Mine? The mine areas are as follows: the Mines, the Quarry Mine, and the Skull Caverns. The Skull Caverns are in the dessert, and the Quarry Mine has only 1 level.

Johndeere756

Planter
Yes, only 1 level in the quarry mine. There is something you may like to have at the end, if you have not already got it. Good luck, and have fun!

Stardewy_eyes

Greenhorn
We all had to learn everything about Stardew Valley. ...and that's part of the fun. So don't feel bad. If you get stuck on something the Wiki is incredibly helpful. I've been playing for a few years now and still have to look things up 20+ times a day. Nice to have you in our community. :smile:
Thank you again! I am on the wiki multiple times a day. This game is legit therapeutic and I appreciate your kindness

Boo1972

Farmer
You can get some really cool monster drops in the quarry mine-rings, a skeleton shirt, the dark sword. And some crappy drops- baggy gray pants anyone? It might be fun to visit it more than once to see what you get.

imnvs

Local Legend
You can get some really cool monster drops in the quarry mine-rings, a skeleton shirt, the dark sword. And some crappy drops- baggy gray pants anyone? It might be fun to visit it more than once to see what you get.
It's haunted skull drops, really, and in the Quarry Mine you're guaranteed to come across them. This is truly what keeps the Quarry Mine relevant. 😉😘